Second Skin Audio

Does polarity matter?

Would polarity have an effect on a subwoofer in the long run..?

For example bridging 2 Channels on an amp and reversing the polarity on a single voice coil woofer.

Just wanted to know because a friend of mine is blaming me for blowing his sub up.

He had a hifonics 1800.1 on a 200 RMS woofer... Woofer melted and shorted the channel out.

so you mean you hooked the + from amp to - on sub and - from amp to + on sub?

it wont do anything bad. it'll still work fine.

he smoked the woofer on his own accord. tell him to get a bigger woofer and to not turn it up so much.

He had a hifonics 1800.1 on a 200 RMS woofer... Woofer melted and shorted the channel out.

Unless you installed it and set all his gains then it's not your fault. A setup like that is just asking for your woofer to blow unless you're careful about how it's set up.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

You made the sub draw inwards instead of push outwards. People set some up that way for different install applications and should not have been a problem. Just like Kranny said ... get a better driver that can handle the 1800.1

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived