rsfm089 Posted June 21, 2014 Report Posted June 21, 2014 Does it matter if I round the edges on my port. I ask cause if I do router them I would have to do both sides top and bottom.
Krakin Posted June 21, 2014 Report Posted June 21, 2014 It allows the air to transition better and lowers the chance for port noise. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
rsfm089 Posted June 21, 2014 Author Report Posted June 21, 2014 So is it okay if I router the top and bottom or should i just do the sides
Kyblack76 Posted June 21, 2014 Report Posted June 21, 2014 I round over every single anything that you think has air moving by it. Roundover both sides of the port baffles, inside and out. Do the back side of the speaker baffles even. Do it all. IT DOES MATTER.......... maybe half a db, but..... it matters. And it takes 5 mins. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
rsfm089 Posted June 21, 2014 Author Report Posted June 21, 2014 Well its to late to do the inside but I will do the outside
Kyblack76 Posted June 21, 2014 Report Posted June 21, 2014 to bad..... next time. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Soccerballzs Posted June 21, 2014 Report Posted June 21, 2014 May get port whistle from not rounding also. Not rounding does not let the air move freely around port. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
g2shuck Posted June 22, 2014 Report Posted June 22, 2014 round over as much as you still can man 2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk Sky High OFC Wiring DC Power 270 XP Alt AQ 2200 Sub Amp Two DC Level 4 m2 12s 80 Mil Murdetmat Gathering Parts For Wall Build. Team DC Audio 2014 Member
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.