Well....today is the day.....

I have a 13 year old yellow lab named Cash. My wife's dad had him since he was a puppy and decided that he did not want him anymore, so me and my wife took him in about 2 or so years ago.

This past Sunday, me and my family were in our back yard enjoying the day as my son was throwing our other dogs ball and playing fetch with our 6 month old Blue Heller.. Cash decided that he did not like that, so he raised his teeth to my 4 year old son and bit his hand. I immediately grabbed my son to take care of him. The bit wasn't bad but Cash shouldn't have done that. I told my wife and daughter to go inside, go to the bedroom and shut the door (my son was already in there) so I could get Cash and lock him in a room. When I reached for him, he bit down on my left middle finger...(I think he broke my knuckles) after I got my hand free, I walked inside to get his leash, which I should have done in the first place but I was too pissed to think of it. As I reached to put his leash on him, so I could have control, he grabbed ahold of my arm and would not let go....I finally gained control of him and locked him in a room in our house. He has been in that room since Sunday. I have let him out to use the bathroom and stuff but I am the only one that will deal with him because my wife is scared of him now. After Sunday night, he is the same Cash that I feel in love with but I am going to put him down today due to his aggression against me and my family and his old age. I really hate to do it, but I am not going to deal with him if he does this again.

What is the best thing to do when putting your dog down? Stay with him while they do it or leave?

Is this the only time the dog has been aggressive?

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

Is this the only time the dog has been aggressive?

This has not been the first time. But this was the first time against my son. He has been aggressive with me when we first got him.

Stay. Stay for the dogs sake. Let you be the last thing he sees.

That's what I was planning on doing... I just don't know how well I will take it. I know that I will cry like a little baby. The bad thing is that I have to do it on my lunch break....I don't have time to do it when I get off work, so I have to do it, then come back to work.....

I understand that you are doing everything for your family, but if at all possible please wait a little longer before the ultimate. If it is already a final decision the best way of them going is to find their favorite bed or other toy letting then have it and NEVER LEAVING THEIR SIDE until the end.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I understand that you are doing everything for your family, but if at all possible please wait a little longer before the ultimate. If it is already a final decision the best way of them going is to find their favorite bed or other toy letting then have it and NEVER LEAVING THEIR SIDE until the end

He will have his favorite toy with him today.

Wouldn't have hesitated... its time

It has been time for awhile.....Just don't want to see him go....

Just so you know it is a very peaceful process, they will lay there with you petting them and in a few seconds they will fall asleep without any pain.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived