Second Skin Audio

2013 Toyota Camry Sealed Trunk... 2 12" Ethos Questions???

Be aware if you building through that 6-8" opening and attaching your box its likely to effect the tuning of your box.

Do you think it will lower it? I'm going to use Joe X's design at 32.5 and DSS recommends 32. You think it will drop it much?

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

Be aware if you building through that 6-8" opening and attaching your box its likely to effect the tuning of your box.

Do you think it will lower it? I'm going to use Joe X's design at 32.5 and DSS recommends 32. You think it will drop it much?

If it somehow effects and adds any volume to your port most likely it will lower the frequency. Im still trying to understand what your plans are. You get any pics of what your working with?

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

If it somehow effects and adds any volume to your port most likely it will lower the frequency. Im still trying to understand what your plans are. You get any pics of what your working with?

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been answering for the past couple days. I do have pics of the current build. My wife has me helping her remodel the kitchen and I've also been trying to complete my build by next weekend. I believe there is a show called DipTex and I want to meter my car. I have spent the last two days literally laying in my trunk and laying QMat EVERYWHERE! I do it during the day (probably not very healthy cuz it so hot), and have been covering every single source of light I can find. Then I have taken spray foam and literally stuck it into holes and filled them up. I don't have the subs installed yet, but I can already tell a difference in the way my rear 6x9's sound. They sound more punchy and loud if that makes sense. I'm going to frame from the opening of the hole and then basically lay plywood across to fill in the rest of the hole on both sides. I will then spray foam the inside of the plywood to make it solid. I will then lay more QMat over the Ply and it should be sealed.

By the way, the opening is much larger than 6x8. Its more like 38"W x 15"H x 6-8" deep. I'm in way to far to try something else. I will have pics posted by tomorrow. I have family over right now, so I will be busy. I think my build will turn out. Keeping fingers crossed at least! I still need to run some wire as well. Another run of 1/0 from front to back, a run of 4ga front to back, then install bus bars in trunk. Somehow, I need to design an amp rack to hold the (2) Q2200's and the Q4-120, and also make room for 3 batteries, and hopefully there will be just enough room for one more battery. Trunk will be full for sure...

I'm going to be really upset if this doesn't turn out, but it's the name of the game. I'm trying to go big or go home... If this turns out, I expect to throw up some pretty good numbers. WE SHALL SEEEEEE..... Posting pics tomorrow of what's already been completed.

2013 Toyota Camry SE

CT Sounds 4000.1D

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

ToolMaker Everywhere

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been answering for the past couple days. I do have pics of the current build. My wife has me helping her remodel the kitchen and I've also been trying to complete my build by next weekend. I believe there is a show called DipTex and I want to meter my car. I have spent the last two days literally laying in my trunk and laying QMat EVERYWHERE! I do it during the day (probably not very healthy cuz it so hot), and have been covering every single source of light I can find. Then I have taken spray foam and literally stuck it into holes and filled them up. I don't have the subs installed yet, but I can already tell a difference in the way my rear 6x9's sound. They sound more punchy and loud if that makes sense. I'm going to frame from the opening of the hole and then basically lay plywood across to fill in the rest of the hole on both sides. I will then spray foam the inside of the plywood to make it solid. I will then lay more QMat over the Ply and it should be sealed.

By the way, the opening is much larger than 6x8. Its more like 38"W x 15"H x 6-8" deep. I'm in way to far to try something else. I will have pics posted by tomorrow. I have family over right now, so I will be busy. I think my build will turn out. Keeping fingers crossed at least! I still need to run some wire as well. Another run of 1/0 from front to back, a run of 4ga front to back, then install bus bars in trunk. Somehow, I need to design an amp rack to hold the (2) Q2200's and the Q4-120, and also make room for 3 batteries, and hopefully there will be just enough room for one more battery. Trunk will be full for sure...

I'm going to be really upset if this doesn't turn out, but it's the name of the game. I'm trying to go big or go home... If this turns out, I expect to throw up some pretty good numbers. WE SHALL SEEEEEE..... Posting pics tomorrow of what's already been completed.

How does the available width & height have a depth of 8" deep? If your looking into your trunk from the back seat,you only have 8" after the rear seat brace?

Btw dont worry about fitment. My trunk is much smaller 34wX16hX30d, got 6 amps,4 batts,& 6cube enclosure forward firing sealed off.just get crafty,test fit everything and make use of all available empty space. Good luck

How does the available width & height have a depth of 8" deep? If your looking into your trunk from the back seat,you only have 8" after the rear seat brace?

Btw dont worry about fitment. My trunk is much smaller 34wX16hX30d, got 6 amps,4 batts,& 6cube enclosure forward firing sealed off.just get crafty,test fit everything and make use of all available empty space. Good luck

How do I post pics on here? I will post a pic of my trunk before I started my "sealing." I will post a pic/s of it this afternoon, when hopefully it will be completed. I'm glad you just posted that tid bit of info about space because I was starting to get concerned...

2013 Toyota Camry SE

CT Sounds 4000.1D

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

ToolMaker Everywhere

upload to photo bucket and paste the img link to here

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

Hey guys, about to start the permanent framing for the enclosure sealed up tight to the car. The enclosure will be bolted on and I will use some sort of gasket type material to make sure everything is solid and leak proof at the connection. My question is, is it better to fire the port in the cabin on the driver side, or passenger side? It's a simple flipping over of the enclosure, but I would rather only do this once! With the drivers in and the weight of the enclosure itself, I will easily be at 200lbs.

Also, the reason for bolting it up is, (1) want the complete sub stage modular, (2) I think I can get a better air tight, leak proof connection with a gasket of some sort and plenty of torque on the bolts... It's all starting to come together. As soon as I open a photobucket account, I will post pictures. Here is a picture of a 2012 Camry, the same as the 2013. This IS NOT my trunk, but I want you guys to see what I'm dealing with and what I'm talking about with the oval opening... Hope this help for the meantime...

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+the+trunk+toyota+camry+2012&tbm=isch&imgil=vg2Qh9pK00kmiM%253A%253Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fencrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com%252Fimages%253Fq%253Dtbn%253AANd9GcT1Ey_xSWmQXsoUxBmityK4nDqocs8qgxD-97TPCM72ffRZMcuRBw%253B800%253B533%253B7F7BSVbjs1HJpM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.tuebingen-waehlt.de%25252Fpichdx%25252F2012-toyota-camry-cargo-space&source=iu&usg=__vLtFcx-qrzgzNpJEgp7-oJwQQgg%3D&sa=X&ei=d0e4U5bxOsSZ8QHY0YCgAQ&ved=0CCcQ9QEwBA&biw=1366&bih=631#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=vg2Qh9pK00kmiM%253A%3B7F7BSVbjs1HJpM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fthisiswhatithinkofyourcar.files.wordpress.com%252F2012%252F01%252F2012-toyota-camry_007.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.tuebingen-waehlt.de%252Fpichdx%252F2012-toyota-camry-cargo-space%3B800%3B533

2013 Toyota Camry SE

CT Sounds 4000.1D

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

ToolMaker Everywhere

Here are some pictures hopefully... Let me know if there are any problems. So, I think I have all the holes, crack, and crevices sealed now. Between all the Stinger Roadkill Expert, QMat (Thanks Zack!), and can foam, we should be good. Going to lay some generic MLV over the deck for now and see if it works. If not, I will buy some Second Skin stuff and go that route. Going to decouple the 6x9's on Monday. Now, it's time to start the frame. I think I'm going to use 2x2's to get the frame outlined and then bring in 2x4's for the sides and top. Will figure out a way to bolt the enclosure to the frame. I'm going all in and using Locktite to secure the frame to opening of the trunk/backseat... If anyone has suggestions, now is the time to let me know! :)

http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/harrisdavid99/media/IMG_20140701_111912_736_zps7226ef5f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=12

http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/harrisdavid99/media/IMG_20140705_163217_443_zpsfb3b53a4.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/harrisdavid99/media/IMG_20140705_163202_506_zps9beddcce.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/harrisdavid99/media/IMG_20140705_163147_569_zps280717df.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/harrisdavid99/media/IMG_20140705_163140_155_zpsc6941b53.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/harrisdavid99/media/IMG_20140705_163103_837_zpsb4529be0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=6

s1060.photobucket.com/user/harrisdavid99/media/IMG_20140705_163103_837_zpsb4529be0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=6

s1060.photobucket.com/user/harrisdavid99/media/IMG_20140705_163103_837_zpsb4529be0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=6

More to come guys.... This is my first sealed trunk project, as it probably shows. Only one way to learn though... I REALLY hope this turns out. I'm being OCD with finding all holes to the trunk. Laying in the trunk with lid closed looking for ANY light. Plus, spray foaming in between panels. Hope it's good! Let me know what you guys think so far...

2013 Toyota Camry SE

CT Sounds 4000.1D

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

ToolMaker Everywhere

Looks like I can only upload 5 at a time.... Here are the other 3 photos

2013 Toyota Camry SE

CT Sounds 4000.1D

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

ToolMaker Everywhere

Oh and by the way, I can already notice a fairly big gain in midbass from the rear deck. It's a night and day difference. Probably just because of the QMat, but the sound is already changing for the better.

2013 Toyota Camry SE

CT Sounds 4000.1D

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

ToolMaker Everywhere

Archived