Second Skin Audio

Zv4 10" enclosure?

This quarter wave was pretty nasty though.

I like your quarter wave box, what sub did you use in it?

That was for my Zv.4 vs. Tantric HD 10" 30hz challenge. Had both subs in there.

The taper made that thing a damn thing a subsonic whale call. Sheesh. 17hz? No sweat.

so the box it 10.5" deep or so with the port right behind the dub and the sub utself is about 10" in depth. ya ok thats works

Like the OP said and I repeated, he is reverse mounting the sub, so yeah it does.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

T-Fade don't do pretty :)

This quarter wave was pretty nasty though.

AE060095-52E9-4C15-AAB2-64FC15A3C816-171

Does that actually work well? To have the port get smaller as it approaches the exit? Interesting.

The taper allows you to use a shorter line length and still achieve the "tuning" that you want. The ratio is difficult to predict though. This one was 1.75Sd to .75Sd. The line length is tuned to 30hz. The taper made it effectively 22hz.

Let's see a sketchup of a a 1.8cf box with a 37" long 6" aero.

Since the OP said its going in a pickup and he is reverse mounting the sub this was pretty easy.

aero_zps4f65fc4c.jpg

Before you say it, I should probably tweak the design so its a little wider to give more room at the end of the port, but that's easily doable.

this is pretty much spot on except my max dimensions are 50Wx16Hx9.5Bottomx4.5top. this is what my box builder ended up with and are plans for box with the 1 4" aero. 2 aero ports aren't an option they won't fit. one barely fits ima probably not even use the inside flare. but ill see. a slot port took up too much space and i would've had small net volume

2yjzt44.png

Archived