Sonic Electronix

is using rf punch bass knob bad ?

Yes, you'll want to tune with the knob all the way up. If you tune with remote gain at half, then turn it to full, you'll clip.

As a few have said, Prime series comes with a "Remote Punch Level Control" (gain), Punch and Power series has a "Remote Punch EQ" (boost).

Prime Manual:

Operation:
4. When connected, the “Level Control” is linked and allows you to
remotely control the output level of the amplifier from the dash or
center console.
Punch Manual:
Operation
4. Variable bass boost centered at 45Hz.

the prime knobs are different than the punch knobs so it isn't a bass boost

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

don't take what i Said the wrong way. kids that buy a "1000w" boss amp use bass boost because the amp isn't loud. so they try and make it loud by maxing the boost.

if you have a remote bass (volume control knob) that's completely different.

my ct amps have a bass knob. but it controls the volume of the bass not bass boost like so.many others.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Just call RF and ask them what the knob on the prime amps do.

if its a gain control then set the gain with the dd-1 turn up remote knob until you clip and mark that spot. Then you have it marked at clipping so you know not to push it that far.

if its a bass boost turn it all the way up. Set the gain with the dd-1 and if the gain is all the way down but your still clipping turn the bass boost down until you don't clip. Mark it and be done.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I have a R500X1D which came with the same bass knob that the R1200-1D comes with. This bass knob isn't a bass boost, it is a gain control. Yes, the amp has a bass boost on the amp but that isn't linked with the bass knob. When you set your gains with a DD-1 or Oscope, turn your bass knob all the way to the max. That way when you reach clipping and back the gain back down right below clipping, you've set your system limit on the bass knob. We set mine with an oscope just like that, then we inched the bass boost up on the amp until clipping and backed it back down to a clean signal. Btw the bass boost didn't go very far until we reached clipping. That will give you your full potential, signals clean, a everything good to go. Hope this helped.

My PEQ is actually a remote gain knob on my P1000X1D I think they changed it on the new models. The manual that came with my amp is wrong. The one on Rockford's website states it correctly. The built in one is a bass boost.

The manual that came with it also states the subsonic @ 25hz where their website states @ 20hz which I think is more accurate.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived