IKnowImLost224 Posted July 4, 2014 Report Posted July 4, 2014 Hey guys, looking to go SQ with this build for my 2012 malibu. I have a pioneer deck (not sure of the model but 4v pre-outs), and a crescendo 1100.4. I was looking at going with the Alpine Type R 6.5" component set for the front and probably the type R 6x9's for the rear but heard that they kind of lack mid-bass. I'm looking to spend around $300 total on the speakers. I would prefer to stay with the same brand for front and rear if possible. Also I know this is going to generate very opinionated responses, but I'm looking to see what your experiences have been and what you guys recommend! Thank you in advance!
bcbrassard Posted July 5, 2014 Report Posted July 5, 2014 I would spend more $ on the front stage for now. Install and run wires to the back for future upgrade. Run rear stock speakers off HU power just to see how it all sounds. Nice car, GF has a 2012 Malibu as well. When i finish my system she will get a nice system as well.
IKnowImLost224 Posted July 5, 2014 Author Report Posted July 5, 2014 I was looking into image dynamics components in the front and 6x9's in the rear since I posted this
bcbrassard Posted July 5, 2014 Report Posted July 5, 2014 Thats a good brand! I want to go Focal or Hertz on her build. Make sure you have make a build log so we can check it out.
IKnowImLost224 Posted July 5, 2014 Author Report Posted July 5, 2014 Yeah I was looking at Hertz too but a little out of my price range lol
dolarbilz Posted July 5, 2014 Report Posted July 5, 2014 If go hertz with that power you have get the hsk XL 6.5
IKnowImLost224 Posted July 8, 2014 Author Report Posted July 8, 2014 I ended up going with Image Dynamics CXS62 V.2 for the front and Image Dynamics CTX69 for the rear. Got a great deal on the components from Woofersetc_Outlet on eBay! They should be here Friday, I'm going to Altimate Automotive in Bay CIty, MI july 26th to get all the work done and windows tinted
White Lightning Posted July 11, 2014 Report Posted July 11, 2014 Nice, Cant wait to see pics !!! Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
White Lightning Posted July 11, 2014 Report Posted July 11, 2014 how do you make a post??Welcome to SMD. Look into the rules section and start reading ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.