Second Skin Audio

Help trying to reach 160 decibels

http://gizmodo.com/298304/car-subwoofer-world-record-set-at-1805db

180.5Db with one DD 18".... so it isn't IMPOSSIBLE to get there with little cone area lol. Very rare case on that one though and that DD sub alone has to be crazy expensive, not counting the Stetsom amps powering it and everything else.

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Or the concrete or work to make that vehicle capable

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Call steve or one of the other few ppl that have hit 160. Ask if for 10,000 they will let you borrow their ride to take to a comp. Then you have a 160 for 10,000. Not being a dick its just the only way I see it happening.

EDIT: Well you could spend 5-10 years piecing together used equipment also.

Still learning but have started gathering.

Or the concrete or work to make that vehicle capable

Is that how he got it that loud, concrete? I am having a hard time trying to fathom how one subwoofer of any kind, got to that crazy amount of Db lol

Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

OP, with $10k to your disposal, Steve or one of his guys might even be able to design you a whole setup that could get you there or close to it. They are experts and know exactly what equipment to use to get the most SPL, for the least amount of money. If they can't/won't take on the job, SkyHigh Audio based in Neveda would help you out. Seen a few of their rides hit 160+, although don't know what the cost was. They also specialize in lifting trucks too, so one stop shop maybe, lol. I have never personally even fathomed 160+ so I have no ideas as to what it would take, but I can wage a guess that it would be about $5k just in subs, lol. If it were me, which I can only wish I had $10k for car audio lol, I would scour YouTube, SMD, Google for rides hitting 160, see what equipment they have and go from there. If what they have totals over $10k after installation, wires, etc., you may have to add to your budget :/ Love this hobby but it sure does suck to realize that even with $10k in your bank account, you still ain't close to being the loudest....

Do people even look at dates that things are originally posted, or the last post anymore?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Do people even look at dates that things are originally posted, or the last post anymore?

Lmao I suppose I did not.... Just seen it on "recent topics" and started typing....

Archived