Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Exterior porting, how do you?


Recommended Posts

Posted

you mean...like the doing the aero port but outside the port, instead firing in the box???

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Posted

Same

Just don't subtract port volume from box

x2.

It would be like inverting a sub, it is still there, but displacement is not factored.

The port is still whatever length and whatever diameter, the box still has a volume, but you just dont subtract the port displacement from the box volume.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Posted

Same

Just don't subtract port volume from box

x2.

It would be like inverting a sub, it is still there, but displacement is not factored.

The port is still whatever length and whatever diameter, the box still has a volume, but you just dont subtract the port displacement from the box volume.

+1

Posted

from what I've seen in the rear world and here the external seem to be louder.

with The box I'm designing now I'm doing a 8inch port. if i Can find the room I'm.doing external.

hell last week i heard a single DD 15008 on 1000w hit a 132 and that thing hit low!not to mention it was in trunk with the seats down.

i don't care what anyone says that lil sub on "Lil" power hit a pretty damn good number!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Posted

I've got my current box with the port half in and half out. I'd say it works pretty good.

It's done just as everyone has already said though..

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 605 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...