250 or 300 amp fuses?

100 amp fuses will be fine

Really?? Not doubting you....that just surprises me.

I was under the impression that the wire gauge was what determined the fuse size....?

If my alt does 80 amp, but i use 8/0 gauge good for 500 amp, would you fuse to that?

You dont have enough amperage to let a 300 amp fuse go.....

Use the 1/0 but, fuse down.....to be safe.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

100 amp fuses will be fine

Really?? Not doubting you....that just surprises me.

I was under the impression that the wire gauge was what determined the fuse size....?

If my alt does 80 amp, but i use 8/0 gauge good for 500 amp, would you fuse to that?

You dont have enough amperage to let a 300 amp fuse go.....

Use the 1/0 but, fuse down.....to be safe.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

So even though the amp's internal fuse is 300, that doesn't matter (I remember reading something about this somewhere in here).

And if I ended up upgrading the alt, then I would need to upgrade the fuses due to there being more amperage/current flowing through....?

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

You dont have the GOODS to feed the amp dude?

what does your stock do?

are you wiring LOW?

Like, .25 low?

put a 150 in line.. if you ever blow it from volume, ill buy you more....

You wont... trust me.

Put a 250 in, you might as well use the wire.... just me

I have two 13W7s wired in series to 3ohms.....then the amp internally parallels them down to 1.5, correct?

I would like to wire them down to .75 though.....

Yeah, makes sense. Really appreciate the help - trying to learn as much as I can and trying to do everything myself (want to upgrade subs, alt, and amp next year).

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

Kyler is right.

Ive always fused this way, because its so much safer when your only fusing for what the requirement needs and maybe a tad headroom.

Its pointless to fuse for the current rating of the power wire, especially if that power wire will never see that kind of current.

Dont know how many times ive said it, but seems like only a handful of people can catch onto this concept. ;)

Kyler is right.

Ive always fused this way, because its so much safer when your only fusing for what the requirement needs and maybe a tad headroom.

Its pointless to fuse for the current rating of the power wire, especially if that power wire will never see that kind of current.

Dont know how many times ive said it, but seems like only a handful of people can catch onto this concept. ;)

Makes sense and even if the fuse goes for some reason, $6 is much cheaper than ruined equipment!

I've been going by fusing for the rating of the wire but it never really made sense to me as to why I would need 300amp fuses when I'm not running much power in comparison to bigger systems.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

Archived