dblovah51 Posted July 14, 2014 Report Posted July 14, 2014 just did that same exact set up in someone f150 between seat brackets 13.5 jl w6. 2004 trailblazer 4 FI BTL 18s (2) DC 10.0k xs power d3100s mechman 270 158.2 @41
Syphlyn Posted July 14, 2014 Author Report Posted July 14, 2014 I definitely wouldn't sit a box on the rear seat, you will get much better output with it sitting solidly on the floor. Yeah might measure up and see what I can do on either side. Not sure if I'll have enough room on the "single" seat side, as it's a 2000 F150 so the space in the back is minimal compared to the newer F150s. Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8 H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898 Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers 4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4 Sub: Sundown Zv4 12 Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs
Joe X Posted July 14, 2014 Report Posted July 14, 2014 I definitely wouldn't sit a box on the rear seat, you will get much better output with it sitting solidly on the floor. Yeah might measure up and see what I can do on either side. Not sure if I'll have enough room on the "single" seat side, as it's a 2000 F150 so the space in the back is minimal compared to the newer F150s. Check out in the pic how that is done and try to get some max dimensions,it's only a 12" very likely you will have enough space, I guess I would recommend in this case also doing a cardboard dummy box to test sizes, it can be quite a bit taller than what is shown in the pic so try and see, it will be way louder than a box floating on the back seat.
Syphlyn Posted July 15, 2014 Author Report Posted July 15, 2014 I definitely wouldn't sit a box on the rear seat, you will get much better output with it sitting solidly on the floor. Yeah might measure up and see what I can do on either side. Not sure if I'll have enough room on the "single" seat side, as it's a 2000 F150 so the space in the back is minimal compared to the newer F150s. Check out in the pic how that is done and try to get some max dimensions,it's only a 12" very likely you will have enough space, I guess I would recommend in this case also doing a cardboard dummy box to test sizes, it can be quite a bit taller than what is shown in the pic so try and see, it will be way louder than a box floating on the back seat. I got the SAZ-2000D for $350 shipped. So my plans have changed a bit. I plan on getting a H/O alternator in the near future but for now I'll just set the gain to get a reduced output until later using my DMM. Yeah I've decided to put the box on the floor. Is it best to have: 1) Sub/port firing forward towards the front seats 2) Sub/port firing upwards towards the roof 3) Sub firing up while port is on the side at the bottom firing towards either the rear passenger door or rear drivers door depending where I put the box similar to this http://i.imgur.com/42cQrpK.jpg but without the weird "X" bracing. I'll get some dimensions tomorrow! Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8 H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898 Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers 4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4 Sub: Sundown Zv4 12 Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs
timc31610 Posted July 15, 2014 Report Posted July 15, 2014 Sub up, port up. I tried several different ways, sub up /port passenger door, sub up port drivers side, port forward so forth and so on... Up and up gave the most output. Of course that is by ear, I didn't meter. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.