tbeats Posted July 12, 2014 Report Posted July 12, 2014 Ok so we have two L7 15's running on two zx1000.1 in 8.5 cubic ft total ported box tuned to 32hz.... how low should thhe crossover be set? Its at 80hz set with a cc-1 and sounds like the lows are missing.
timc31610 Posted July 14, 2014 Report Posted July 14, 2014 Hpf or lpf crossover? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
White Lightning Posted July 14, 2014 Report Posted July 14, 2014 low pass around 70 htz. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
timc31610 Posted July 14, 2014 Report Posted July 14, 2014 Cablguy, would your low pass being at 80 cause you to miss some lows? Sounds like a box issue. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
RooTxBeeR Posted July 14, 2014 Report Posted July 14, 2014 Cablguy, would your low pass being at 80 cause you to miss some lows? Sounds like a box issue. That's what I'm saying. Your lpf has nothing to do with the lows On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
White Lightning Posted July 14, 2014 Report Posted July 14, 2014 I'm just saying that's where the crossover needs to be set ... L7 15's are not famous for lows. Don't get me wrong, I love Kicker ... but just saying here from past experience. White Lightning started out with 4 of them in a Blow Through ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
timc31610 Posted July 14, 2014 Report Posted July 14, 2014 I'm just saying that's where the crossover needs to be set ... L7 15's are not famous for lows. Don't get me wrong, I love Kicker ... but just saying here from past experience. White Lightning started out with 4 of them in a Blow Through ... Ok, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something, I know you know a hell of a lot more than I do when it comes to this type of thing! My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.