'99 Sierra, Project Dumped Daily

I had no idea you were on here! Sweet!! Those 18s look killer.

PS.. That 4ch looks awfully familiar... :peepwall:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

• 1 month later...

Surprise surprise, the garbage hifonics sub amp I was using has an rca input going out. Remember folks, you get what you pay for.

On the bright side, it's the holidays so sales are abundant. I'm ordering a Crescendo Symphony S1500.1 to replace this hifonics amp since they're 25% off on Crescendo's website.

Also for Black Friday, I ordered the 5/7 drop! Got a decent deal on a McGaughys kit from Switch Suspension. Still looking for a sale on some Belltech Nitro Drop 2 Shocks.

That's all for now, hoping to have time to put the truck in the weeds over christmas break, but I'll be working my ass off (prevailing wages FTW ^_^ ) so not sure if I'll have the time.

http://www.youtube.com/mrgeo20
-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

-'99 Sierra, under construction

Nice! Tuned n for sure. love me some lowered trucks. I have my Avalanche dropped 4/6.

01 Suburban Z71 - 5.3L - Black - 6" Lift on 35's - Pioneer H/U - Kicker Mids, 8" Polk sub.

Past rides-

07 Avalanche - Sunburst Orange - 4/6 Drop - Pioneer AVH-X5600 - 2/0 Royal Excelene - T/M fuse blocks - Stock and Singer 350 Alts - 4 Kinetik 1800 - Crecsendo BC5500 & S800.4 amps - 2 Tantric HDD 18's.- RE XXX 6.5 comps

01 Grand Vitara - V6 - 4x4 - Pioneer H/U - Incriminator 6.5 Comps - SSA XCON 18 - Skar 1500.1 & 84.4 amps - Singer 160 Alternator - Optima Yellow top..

• 4 weeks later...

Suspension updates woowoo!

Feels like Christmas came early

znMDy76.jpg

didn't really take pics of the install process, but it took a buddy and I all weekend to drop the rear and notch the frame. there was a bit of learning as we worked since neither of us had installed a drop kit before.

FElfBuu.png

292qyjp.jpg

out with the old and in with the new

mkyzid.jpg

bolt in c-notch

908vsx.jpg

and here's how the truck currently sits, squatting harder than any hillbilly's lifted mall crawler

kegcxl.jpg

decided to drop it a total of 8 inches in the rear.

I'm off work tomorrow so I plan on dropping the front; it'll be sitting level soon enough.

Also have a new front air dam sitting in my room but I think the pop rivets for it got lost in shipping or something...

-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

I sincerely hope I never have to deal with replacing spindles ever again. Two friends and I fought with them every step of the way!

x5009.jpg

At any rate, the drop is complete! The front end still needs to settle in, it should be lower by tomorrow.

Here's how my truck currently sits:

nys1ti.jpg

Pretty happy with it, but now my ABS light is on for some reason. I assume I knocked an ABS sensor clip loose when I was messing with the wheel hub assemblies or something.

-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

i suggest swapping the nitro 2 shocks out for belltech sp shocks

I agree, the ride is pretty bumpy at the moment. I was thinking bilstein because belltech hasn't impressed me so far, but I'll look into the sp shocks.

looks good.

would look better with those wheels decladded.

I was planning on getting some Trailblazer SS 22" replicas from a guy I know, but they turned out to be the wrong bolt pattern so i'm going back to the plan of decladding and powder coating.

-----

semi-update: I got the pop rivets for the front air dam in the mail but for the life of me I can't get them to lock into place in the bumper. Not sure how to proceed.

In the meantime, here's some rolling shots from a cell phone

2nk5efl.png

zjhyio.png

-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

One of my headlights had moisture on the inside and needed to be resealed because the ebay seller basically told me to take a hike, so while I was at it I decided to throw in some halo rings. Got a kit with a remote that controls strobes and color shift type stuff for about $30 on ebay. Couldn't find any type of guide online on how to install these rings so I made it up as I went; the silicone I used to seal the holes I drilled for the wires is setting right now and I'll reseal the housings tomorrow.

2ib1fh1.jpg

8yuoic.jpg

here's an insta vid of the colors changing:

-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

Archived