Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

infinite baffle??..


brent379

Recommended Posts

Posted

Know what's funny...I was talking to a guy on Facebook and he mentioned infinite baffle then have me the YouTube link to your video and that's what spiked my interest in ib!!! Job well done sir! I would have to do mine different because I have no speakers in my rear deck so they would have to have the rear seats. Not worried about it all my seats fold down.

How does your set up do on the lows? And kiss I'm talking 30-35 and lower?

Are you talking about the couple of YouTube videos I put up??

And if so, I actually have no idea what I can "play to" as far as frequencies go, ... but I will say that it they drop bottom a Hell of a lot more than I ever thought they would.

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Posted

yes sir! those are the ones. im just wandering because i like to listen to some decaf and other stuff that plays down into mid 20s. with my 6th i can get to about 26hz before it really just washes out and even at 26 it can start to sound a little muddy

Posted

yes sir! those are the ones. im just wandering because i like to listen to some decaf and other stuff that plays down into mid 20s. with my 6th i can get to about 26hz before it really just washes out and even at 26 it can start to sound a little muddy

I absolutely can listen to that "Coffee" stuff & drop enough low end to annoy people at a stop light, ... if I want to. It's two 12's on approx. 400-450w to each sub, ... their RMS is 500, so they certainly are not even approaching any sort of "potential" at their lowest of levels, & it still rocks that 'lil couple like no tomorrow.

It is what I was looking for. If you read some or all of my Build Log, you'd see that I intended on using quality equipment, but I knew that I only wanted, basically, the minimum for what would sound good to me, & whomever I choose to roll with, ... & I have reached that plateau. It is shitty that I do not have a better way to get across how nice this set up sounds, even at such low power ... I believe it was it was because of the time my Pop & I put into creating the baffle, & the use of the close-cell foam, etc., that helps so much. This was/is also the first vehicle I have ever used any sort of sound deadener in ... I have put it in other vehicles for friends, etc., but never in mine ...This car & install seemed worth it, & it definitely was.

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Posted

im starting to think its just one of those things someone has to try. unfortuantely i dont know anybody that would have an IB set up to even get an idea of the sound. i really like the idea of not having a box taking up the whole trunk...but i really like 6th orders lol.

Posted

im starting to think its just one of those things someone has to try. unfortuantely i dont know anybody that would have an IB set up to even get an idea of the sound. i really like the idea of not having a box taking up the whole trunk...but i really like 6th orders lol.

Unless you have read my Log, I will tell you that I had always just had a couple nice 12's in a properly-built, sealed box, & just slammed my past Monte Carlo, Dodge Intrepid's, & stuff in college, ... although I did do a couple wacky things with two 10' in a ported in an 84 Cutlass & later those same 10's in a clamshell sealed in a 'lil Grand Am - both slammed, ... for what they were - 8-Ohm Pioneer home theater woofers ... not only were the cones paper, but I think the surrounds were too! LOL! They were junk, & the amp was an Autotek that was rated that I was allegedly giving them 90w per woofer ... Shit specs, yeah, but what I learned from it all is that is is ALLLLL about the enclosure. I mean, yeah, having quality components can only help, but, as far as I am concerned, & what I have proven to myself over the years, you can take sub-par equipment & construct a proper enclosure, & get some eye-opening results.

I was sick of all the booooomin' of the past three sealed boxes I had built, & wanted something more musical, & to reclaim trunk space when I bought this newest car you see here ... & my friend who helped me years ago with his copy of TermPro on discs started to talk to me about doing an IB. I started putting out feelers as to what woofers might work the best ... seemed Fi & SoundQubed were my best choices ... for the 16 or so cubic feet my trunk has. I talked it over with my Pop, started making some measurements - as my friend was/is now in Los Angeles ... I then said, what the Hell, & went for it. I am so happy I did it.

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Posted

Check out my build log too for an IB setup. Had no trouble playing 25hz It was the most accurate and dynamic sub setup I've ever had. The Pyle blue wave make excellent IB sub's. Dayton has a 15" made specifically for that. Image dynamics, IA Flatlyne series...

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Posted

two weeks ago i heard a single dd 15008 do a 132 on the meter on 1000w at 32hz that had no issue playing down in the mid 20hz area

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Posted

So I'm slowly making some changes to my subie and I've been looking into infinite baffle but I don't know how I feel about it. Some people love it...Some don't. I currently am running a series tuned 6th for a type r 12. Picked up the type r a LONG time ago for 40$ and it sat in my garage for about a year. Decided to finally try a 6th order and I figured if it didn't come out good and I blew the woofer..o well no big deal. Well it actually came out pretty decent and even tho there are a few things I would like to change I love how "aggressive" the 6th can be! I want to rebuild it but I am very very limited on space...working with about 4-4.5 cubes gross internal volume with no displacements. So it makes it very hard lol. Was thinking about trying to incorporate a passive radiator for the rear chamber but it's still a pain in the ass space wise.

So I've been researching infinite baffle. With Rough measurements in the trunk I should be able to squeeze two 15s onto a baffle and be able to seal it off pretty easy. My main concern is what the output is like when running infinite baffle. Does anybody have experience...either good or bad with running ib?? Still get good output?? Any do"s or don'ts lol. I want to try it but I really hate to blow 4-600 on woofers for this and not be happy with it.

i remember a local guy who had an old school monte carlo with two 15" peavey black widows in an infinite baffle. i was hella nice, and was the best sounding system in the area. this was about 1996ish, so its been quite a while.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

 

 

 

 

Posted

Thanks for the input guys! This is the one thing that sucks about rebuilding....sometimes it's really hard to decide what you want to do lol. I would love to do a wall!!!! But I can't see walling of a new car lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3202 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...