Sundown Audio

Do you run individual remote wires or run 1 in series for multiple amps?

JEFFYBOI

Made a custom relay for my turn on remotes on amps.

image_url-76414-1404437038_thumb.jpg

Nice

But it isn't flowing through the component to the next component either. I have no idea what it is.

It's considered a series circuit since the circuit thinks it's going to one load and back considering it has a common ground.

more of a "daisy chain" if you will. only the length of cable determines the loss of power to each device. which is little to nothing if the amplifiers aare close to each other.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Your amp would technically have to have a remote input and output to make it in series i believe.

Its series bro.... trust me!

nope. It's Daisy Chained Parallel.

Series wiring indicates running pole to pole through... you are definitely not wiring + to -

If you hooked up 5 subs in a row but parallel, and the wires burned up between subs 1 and 2, you'd lose 2 3 4 and 5. Doesn't make it series.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

OK TO CLEAR THIS UP THIS IS WHAT I WAS REFFERING TO ORIGINALLY AS FAR AS HOOKING UP 1 REMOTE WIRE IN SERIES TO MULTIPLE AMPS BUT NOW EVERYONE GOT ME ALL MIXED UP... LOL. THIS IS SERIES IN MY EYES BECAUSE ITS 1 CONTINUOS RUN.

REMOTE_zpsa13d576e.png

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Series wiring indicates running pole to pole through... you are definitely not wiring + to -

If you hooked up 5 subs in a row but parallel, and the wires burned up between subs 1 and 2, you'd lose 2 3 4 and 5. Doesn't make it series.

wiring up drivers and wiring up amplifiers are to TOTALLY different things brother. can't compare the two.

drivers have a separate ground from the chassis, amplifiers do not ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Why not run the normal one remote wire to a relay in the trunk and take 12V from one of the amp power wires? That would make wiring much simpler than running multiple remote wires to the trunk from a relay up front.

Current: Two old school Orion HCCA 12's, No amp currently. Did run DAT Hellfire Prototype.

Old set up: Orion 2NT 15", Logic Soundlabs GSX32D,

When i look at it it makes me think series but when i think hard about it i can see where it might be technically parallel.... Idk it don't really matter.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

5+ probably comes from a relay. Remote outputs on a headunit can only support so many devices.

5+ probably comes from a relay. Remote outputs on a headunit can only support so many devices.

After so many devices (amps)? the signal from the HU becomes to weak so a relay is put it to beef up the signal?

The reason why you don't want to run more than 1-2 components on the HU's remote is because most electronic components need about 125mA to turn on. On average a HU supplies about 500mA and as years go by, the current draw can be even higher. The turn on circuit can burn out completely if the current draw exceeds the HU's rating. So if you are running multiple components it is best to use the relay method if you don't to want to fry the turn on circuitry on your HU.

Not series

Would have to use the amp ground to the next remote for it to be series.

It parrellel

Answer this question to yourself, will the amp power on with just a remote wire and no ground?

With that in mind, can you conclude that the board would have a path to ground itself internally thru the ground input terminal to complete its circuit to tell the amp to turn on?

Just because there is no external ground doesn't mean the board itself doesn't use the ground internally, which it does.... which makes it a series!

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Your amp would technically have to have a remote input and output to make it in series i believe.

Its series bro.... trust me!

nope. It's Daisy Chained Parallel.

Read my response to strangeduck

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Archived