34 143.2

39 146.8

43 150.5

44 150.7

45 150.8

46 150.8

49 149.8

Setup: 8 SQ HDC3 10s on 5k rms (DD M4)

Ok so i have numbers now and even by ear i'm not that happy with the scores. Regardless of numbers, my loudest frequencies are in the 40s, once i even go to 39 i begin to drop off and by the time i get to 30hz its embarrassing. Now i dont know what it is and maybe i haven't mastered 10s but this needs to change and i dont know if its port and box or just one or the other. I dont know if it will be that simple to cut port down while keeping the box the same size, this may require a complete rebuild and that may mean i go back to the woofer sizes i know how to make work.

Specs: 15.9 net volume - 287sq in port - 18 sq per cube - 41-42 hz

Now i realize im tuned high and if i rebuild im going to tune down to 35 hz or maybe a tad lower. This higher tuning is most likely the issue with my frequency range however, this brings me to my next issue or concern. Is a 151 sealed a good score for the setup at those frequencies? Am i expecting too much knowing that each sub is only seeing 600 rms?

I need some direction here. I thought 10s would be cool but so far they are disappointing me. I believe i could be louder with 2 18s LOL

most sub is likely seing less than 600 rms considering you are wired at 1 ohm. i bet each sub is 500 or less and cant reproduce the frequencies since they are way underpowered. the hdc3s really like 2k to do work. thats my guess. also port may be a tad too much. cut off a little area, which will also drop tuning and control woofers more at lower frewquencies.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

most sub is likely seing less than 600 rms considering you are wired at 1 ohm. i bet each sub is 500 or less and cant reproduce the frequencies since they are way underpowered. the hdc3s really like 2k to do work. thats my guess. also port may be a tad too much. cut off a little area, which will also drop tuning and control woofers more at lower frewquencies.

if i cut port down to where i need it i lose my ratio big time

Sealed Dash

30 138.7

34 143.2

39 146.8

43 150.5

44 150.7

45 150.8

46 150.8

49 149.8

Setup: 8 SQ HDC3 10s on 5k rms (DD M4)

Ok so i have numbers now and even by ear i'm not that happy with the scores. Regardless of numbers, my loudest frequencies are in the 40s, once i even go to 39 i begin to drop off and by the time i get to 30hz its embarrassing. Now i dont know what it is and maybe i haven't mastered 10s but this needs to change and i dont know if its port and box or just one or the other. I dont know if it will be that simple to cut port down while keeping the box the same size, this may require a complete rebuild and that may mean i go back to the woofer sizes i know how to make work.

Specs: 15.9 net volume - 287sq in port - 18 sq per cube - 41-42 hz

Now i realize im tuned high and if i rebuild im going to tune down to 35 hz or maybe a tad lower. This higher tuning is most likely the issue with my frequency range however, this brings me to my next issue or concern. Is a 151 sealed a good score for the setup at those frequencies? Am i expecting too much knowing that each sub is only seeing 600 rms?

I need some direction here. I thought 10s would be cool but so far they are disappointing me. I believe i could be louder with 2 18s LOL

so you going for numbers or musical low frequency extension? for music all i can say is holy jumpin' fuckin' jesus at the damn port area.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Throw the power to it, everything else looks good to me, enclosure wise. 2 cubes per sub should be PLENTY since they area all sharing the airspace.

A meter is a heartbreaker to be honest. I know you kind of get this thought of "I should be doing XXX.xx number". People well tell you,"that equipment should be doing xxx.xx number". Well the truth is, there is no way to guess that kind of thing unless they've personally done it in your vehicle with the same, comparable equipment. Otherwise, they should keep quiet with nothing more than an opinion.

Your running isn't a problem, your NET volume isn't a problem, your port isn't a problem. I think your POWER is what is holding you back.

To wake things up(and this will sound crazy) get each of those subs on double to triple what they're on now and they'll wake up. 600X3 is 1800W and perfect for those subs. The problem is, that's basically a 3500 for every two subs and puts you with 5 of them. That's a bunch of money and a bunch of electrical, so it may not be feasible for you. It ISSS, however, what those subs crave. I would think if you ran them exactly on rated you'd see a good score increase.

To conclude, you ARE over a 150 and that is a good score by most standards. I think it's am accomplishment and you should be proud. If YOU aren't happy with it, change your power situation or switch out to subs that work better on the power you have to use. You may not see any kind increases, but you'll know you're not leaving a bunch of potential on the table either.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Throw the power to it, everything else looks good to me, enclosure wise. 2 cubes per sub should be PLENTY since they area all sharing the airspace.

A meter is a heartbreaker to be honest. I know you kind of get this thought of "I should be doing XXX.xx number". People well tell you,"that equipment should be doing xxx.xx number". Well the truth is, there is no way to guess that kind of thing unless they've personally done it in your vehicle with the same, comparable equipment. Otherwise, they should keep quiet with nothing more than an opinion.

Your running isn't a problem, your NET volume isn't a problem, your port isn't a problem. I think your POWER is what is holding you back.

To wake things up(and this will sound crazy) get each of those subs on double to triple what they're on now and they'll wake up. 600X3 is 1800W and perfect for those subs. The problem is, that's basically a 3500 for every two subs and puts you with 5 of them. That's a bunch of money and a bunch of electrical, so it may not be feasible for you. It ISSS, however, what those subs crave. I would think if you ran them exactly on rated you'd see a good score increase.

To conclude, you ARE over a 150 and that is a good score by most standards. I think it's am accomplishment and you should be proud. If YOU aren't happy with it, change your power situation or switch out to subs that work better on the power you have to use. You may not see any kind increases, but you'll know you're not leaving a bunch of potential on the table either.

i agree its more of where im doing the numbers at i want to be doing the 150s 10hz lower tbh. I need to accomplish that so maybe i just cut the port down but i feel as that may not be the answer but its worth a try i suppose.

I think 17 per is about the sweet spot

I hate top port

more power

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The car has control of where it wants to play with authority. You might not like the path you have to travel to accomplish getting a 150 @ 30 Hz. The way it sits, that's nearly a 12 dB gain. You're worlds apart at this point. Making box modifications isn't your answer. Giving the subs the power they need to operate properly is the answer.

Hell, you probably WOULD gain with going to a sub that can use 600W of power as opposed to giving a sub 1/3rd rated.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Power first. Get thst where it needs to be. Are you at half power third power quarter power? If you arent at your end game for power then you can't make any changes.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived