8 10s Walled SPL Issues

I was going to chime in before class but was too slow

If it were me I'd add 3 more m4s. See how it reacts. Then shrink port as needed to flatten the response to your liking

With large cone area setups the low end is usually there regardless of port size or tuning but you chose SQ subs which are notorious for being stupidly stiff. So you need to force them to do the lows. They don't come by it naturally

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

also my sealed scores always suck in this car. It did a 154.8 outlaw for what ever that is worth. My point is, on dash - windows down the car is always 2.5-3 db louder and outlaw is always 4. Even when i was in trunk doing much lower scores this gap between metering styles has held constant.

My truck falls on its face sealed. But I dont givr a fuck. It wasmt meant to play that way. I cant drive it in the rain because the door flex causes it to leak. I dont drive it in winter. its a summertime cruiser. If you want it to play sealed up then thats an issue. Ninjas ride js liuder windoows down. The canadjans too. Youll have tondecide if you want to be a number cruncher or just a fun demo vehicle

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

My truck falls on its face sealed. But I dont givr a fuck. It wasmt meant to play that way. I cant drive it in the rain because the door flex causes it to leak. I dont drive it in winter. its a summertime cruiser. If you want it to play sealed up then thats an issue. Ninjas ride js liuder windoows down. The canadjans too. Youll have tondecide if you want to be a number cruncher or just a fun demo vehicle

should i make judgements based on windows down on dash then? or just drop the whole number game? I'm mostly looking at scores as a whole to see where i drop off at and such . Not so much the actual score.

Thats up to you. If im in the truck the windows are down. All the way not one up not one down not cracked. I didnt build it to meter I built it to enjoy. Using the numbers to judge roll off js one thibg but id be doing it in the manner I wanted to listen to it. If I ever meter my truck its both windows down and just for fun. You have to make that decision

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

:morepower1: once you add power your bandwidth may change fairly significantly.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

My brother has his single hdc3 12 on an SQ 2200.1. My 2 hdc3 18s are on a DC 5.0k. Give them WAY more power, or get some different (entry level) subs to take the power you have.

Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing!

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1)

2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4)

2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4)

2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2)

2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)

If your not doing a all out SPL build to be competitive then I always build to play the bandwidth I want and have the sound I'm looking for, if it does good numbers then so be it. I would start by maybe lowering port area with boards and that will lower tuning as well, see how it sounds. If you like it then you know what to do, if your goal is a high sealed score then you will need to look at ripping it all out and building for that goal. Mine falls on its faced sealed as well, about 4-5 db lower than opened up, but most would rather have a demo from mine than something built solely for numbers. You need to choose your goals and build for such.

2012 F250 Lariat 6.7, lifted on 22's and 35's

4 DSS Ethos 18's walled tuned low

2 Ampere Audio 7500.1's, Ampere 125.4

Rockford Pro Audio front stage

9 batteries, Mechman Elite 370 alt

Team DSS, Team Ampere Audio

2014 Meca Mod 3 TN State champ / 3rd place Mod 3 World Finals

32d73d87-e373-4a49-8914-d25decfa6dcc_zps

double post

2012 F250 Lariat 6.7, lifted on 22's and 35's

4 DSS Ethos 18's walled tuned low

2 Ampere Audio 7500.1's, Ampere 125.4

Rockford Pro Audio front stage

9 batteries, Mechman Elite 370 alt

Team DSS, Team Ampere Audio

2014 Meca Mod 3 TN State champ / 3rd place Mod 3 World Finals

32d73d87-e373-4a49-8914-d25decfa6dcc_zps

If your not doing a all out SPL build to be competitive then I always build to play the bandwidth I want and have the sound I'm looking for, if it does good numbers then so be it. I would start by maybe lowering port area with boards and that will lower tuning as well, see how it sounds. If you like it then you know what to do, if your goal is a high sealed score then you will need to look at ripping it all out and building for that goal. Mine falls on its faced sealed as well, about 4-5 db lower than opened up, but most would rather have a demo from mine than something built solely for numbers. You need to choose your goals and build for such.

my only real concern is the bandwidth, im going to seal off the sides soon that should help too. I really need to go do that this week,

Archived