Think I Broke Something (Ford POSI Rear End)

Love my shop, Ricardo is going to come in early Saturday morning to check out the car first thing. Only thing Im worried about is the drive there, its 53 miles each way. You can catch me in the slow lane with a sandwich and a Monster LOL.

lol... just get it there.

man, do you know how lucky you are? to have a dude that knows his shit, and you can trust? ...

Fucking mechanics. Most are as shady as it gets......

Ill be lookin for the "whats up" post sat night. Good luck dude, hope its something light weight.

Tuned into this. From the sounds of it my first guess would be a bearing issue.

Waiting to hear "the he'll with it, car in chassis shop getting a back half and tubs."

If it's worth building, it's worth over building.

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

Love my shop, Ricardo is going to come in early Saturday morning to check out the car first thing. Only thing Im worried about is the drive there, its 53 miles each way. You can catch me in the slow lane with a sandwich and a Monster LOL.

man, do you know how lucky you are? to have a dude that knows his shit, and you can trust? ...

Ill be lookin for the "whats up" post sat night. Good luck dude, hope its something light weight.

I hate that saying.... Like saying all Bassheads are assholes with loud stereos

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Hey Keith, I think you're one of the good ones man. Fact is though, way too many try to work their customers over.

I've been looking at parts, and axle and pinion bearings are cheap as hell, even the rebuild kit for the carbon fiber clutches isn't bad.

However, the labor is a bitch. Buying lunch for the crew always seems to help with that, so whatever the guys are craving Saturday, they got it LOL.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

So, barely left the driveway and Ricardo says "I can hear it already" LOL, dude is good. Still took him up and down the street to be sure. A complete bearing kit which includes the pinion bearings and inner and outer axle bearings along with all the seals is only $130, the gear oil and friction modifier is about $50. Not too bad, but labor is around $420.

The car's powertrain warranty is still good until December, so I might try that route. Not going to the same dealer as last time though.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

How many miles on your stang? Do you beat on it pretty good? The 8.8 is one of the strongest rear ends for money they cost but ya still gotta take care of them.

2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition-Singer 240A Alt, Odyssey Battery,Pioneer AVH-2550NEX head-unit, Pioneer GM-DX874 powering Kicker CSS67 front-CSC5 rear, and Memphis PR 1.1000 powering 12in SSA ICON in G.P. ported box.

2003 Tahoe-320A Alt, Odyssey Batt,2 Resilient Sounds Gold 15's sealed powered by Crescendo BC2000D, Turbulent Designs Ported box AVH601EX head unit and Pioneer 3ways in all doors.

I hate that saying.... Like saying all Bassheads are assholes with loud stereos

Most bassheads are assholes..lol

And, i didnt mean it personal kid. :) you know that.

That said, there are a lot of crooked fucks out there. Just as soon bend you over, than say hello.

Let us know how it rolls after Ken.

I

Archived