Second Skin Audio

Tough choice...

Get a second one and wall it.

i second this, I have the same car and I got 2 18s. you got a compact hatchback and you're talking about storage, get out of here. you want storage and good gas mileage get a minivan. you got the Ford version of the Honda Civic hatchback, either make it go fast or make it go loud. I had a guy come in to my shop the other week with a '00 Camaro SS that he just bought, he said he wanted bass that hit deep and low but wanted to keep his space. I told that guy to go fly a kite and come back when he's serious.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

I woould look to trade or sell for a Fi Q 15

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

Get a second one and wall it.

i second this, I have the same car and I got 2 18s. you got a compact hatchback and you're talking about storage, get out of here. you want storage and good gas mileage get a minivan. you got the Ford version of the Honda Civic hatchback, either make it go fast or make it go loud. I had a guy come in to my shop the other week with a '00 Camaro SS that he just bought, he said he wanted bass that hit deep and low but wanted to keep his space. I told that guy to go fly a kite and come back when he's serious.

im looking to keep the back seat lol, i though eventually maybe, but right now, no. :P

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

2 sets of Rockford Fosgate P1683's

Fi Audio Q 18" D2 ( Currently Own)

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

All SHCA Wires and stuff...

XS Power 4800 ( Stock Replacement)

High Ouput alternator (undecided which company or Amperage.)

I just looked at the measurements, even if i kept the 18... I dont know how well it would even fit. it would be almost impossible... the enclosure would have to be fit in tight, i have to recheck the measurements in the morning, but idk if it is even possible.

Get your best max dimensions, you likely will need to use the space usually lost due to the slant behind the backseats and use a couple of 6"aeros, if you manage 5.5 cubes net you could go ahead and try for it.

I just looked at the measurements, even if i kept the 18... I dont know how well it would even fit. it would be almost impossible... the enclosure would have to be fit in tight, i have to recheck the measurements in the morning, but idk if it is even possible.

Get your best max dimensions, you likely will need to use the space usually lost due to the slant behind the backseats and use a couple of 6"aeros, if you manage 5.5 cubes net you could go ahead and try for it.

I re measured today. Im just barely going to fit it in, im going to have to take my back seat cover that covers the trunk off.

I can get a 6.6 cubic foot box in there. Nice part about my subwoofer is that it likes smaller boxes if I remember correctly.

Im going to need around 100sq inches of port. and my tuning is going to be 30 or 32hz, probably 30hz

My max demensions would be 35 width, 20 height, 20 depth.

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

I re measured today. Im just barely going to fit it in, im going to have to take my back seat cover that covers the trunk off.

I can get a 6.6 cubic foot box in there. Nice part about my subwoofer is that it likes smaller boxes if I remember correctly.

Im going to need around 100sq inches of port. and my tuning is going to be 30 or 32hz, probably 30hz

OK the best your going to get is around 5.3net with 78 square inches from a 30" long 10" aero.

Either, overpower the woofer, or get two 12's and deal with the cone area loss.

OK the best your going to get is around 5.3net with 78 square inches from a 30" long 10" aero.

Either, overpower the woofer, or get two 12's and deal with the cone area loss.

I mean if I want, I can just remove the back seat/ trunk cover... and can come above the seat line. I will just have to have the sub woofer face upward and the port also. I could probably go up to 24 inches of height MAX...

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

If you could fit one 18" with a proper enclosure in your focus hatch, it will get retarded loud on just 2kw.

I was thinking of getting a creshendo 1.5k... but Im thinking of going with a Digital Designs m1c or a soundqubed 2200... probably the soundqubed tho due to price.

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

How much exactly does the subwoofer displace the volume of the box?

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

Archived