Second Skin Audio

Not Too Happy With Fi Audio Q 18"

Get more power to that Q bro! I had 2K RMS on mine for a few months. Also metered between a 147-148dB on music daily in a 8.8 cube box @ 32Hz. Allot counts on the box though but I would defiantly throw some more wattage to it.

Rollerz Only - Sacramento Chapter. 6 Time Lowrider Magazine club of the year

94 Xploder on 22s - Gutted for now...

87 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham on hydros, fully euroed out Tookie blue

*ROLLERZ ONLY MAFIA*

Crankin the volume knob and hittin switches.

http://www.rollerzonly.com

Get more power to that Q bro! I had 2K RMS on mine for a few months. Also metered between a 147-148dB on music daily in a 8.8 cube box @ 32Hz. Allot counts on the box though but I would defiantly throw some more wattage to it.

lol you dont need more power i got that number on rms

car on or car off, you aint gonna gain much.

a few tenths and thats bout it.

get a better amp. make your box smaller. round your corners. turn your car on.

the Q is sometimes considered an "SQ" sub, but it can do way better than what you hit.. It's ALL install dependent here.

an L7 15 shouldn't really compare to an 18. Do those things.. see improvements.

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...

Most of what people have said I agree with. But not the power. Get a proper amp if you want...I installed a bxi 1206, didnt like it much. But too much more power (without the BP power upgrade) will almost certainly get that sub smelling. Drop the size to 5.5. Tune to 35. All that I agree with. I guarantee its your install. Because that sub is for sure a beast. I hit a 148 with my 18" btl going off ~2800 watts on stock electrical. And that was even with the box being a little too big and tuned too low.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Put the Q in 4.8 cubes tuned to 39hz with 55 sq in of port... If its a trunk car make it sub back port back and make the box as low as possible.

If its in an SUV try sub up/port back or sub up port passanger side.

if you would have read the thread you could have seen what hes working with

I agree with starting off by changing your tuning. I clicked the link but didn't see the actual build, so I'm just going to say blindly to try cutting your port down. Just saw it off to be about 35-36hz and see if you gain any. Don't go by ear, go get metered. If that helps, then you know where to start without really spending any money since you said you're waiting to start an internship. If time and money permit then go build a new/smaller box. I went from a kicker L7 15 to a BTL 18 on the same bxi2006d and there was a HUGE difference, so I'd think you'd see similar results. Hope that helps.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Deffinitally change the tuneing. Box size isent bad. I would just try to change tuneing and possibly burp at more power from the amp if at all possible. But mainly the tuneing is hurting your horribly. Its an sq or an sql box not meant to get really loud and on the meter also. Higher tuneing should fix that, but sacraficeing sq.

Archived