Why should I run active?

Slinky

It's really refreshing to see helpful people out there instead of some of the trash that clearly populates these forums.

So what exactly is the reason for the cancellation? The placement of the speakers?

Hey man, I've talked to Rolex several time on the phone and helped him out to with his front stage.

He is a great guy to work with ...

So please, chill out with this so we can get things worke out.

I'm not wound to read all through the bickering to give suggestions ... I do not have time.

He is clearly not a great guy to work with or he wouldn't be trolling my thread. I refuse to sit idly by while some dick takes shots at me. Im all for improving my front stage but I am not a mod so I can't remove the useless crap he's posted in my thread.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

It's really refreshing to see helpful people out there instead of some of the trash that clearly populates these forums.

So what exactly is the reason for the cancellation? The placement of the speakers?

Hey man, I've talked to Rolex several time on the phone and helped him out to with his front stage.

I'm not wound to read all through the bickering to give suggestions ... I do not have time.

He is clearly not a great guy to work with or he wouldn't be trolling my thread. I refuse to sit idly by while some dick takes shots at me. Im all for improving my front stage but I am not a mod so I can't remove the useless crap he's posted in my thread.

Take shots at you? Again, who opened this door, YOU. So if anyone isn't putting up with the asshole it's me. So balls back in your court douche bag. Learn to shut the fuck up and know your place. Everything in here was running fine until post #6, YOUR post, where YOU started the shit talking, not anyone else. Here let me remind you:

Wow, so two helpful responses, and two complete assholes. Thanks to Krakin and Robert for the info.

So as you try to idly stand by and play the victim I wont let you. take responsibility for the situation you helped create. Acknowledge you were wrong and got all but hurt for no reason and cast the 1st stone. I mean even if you don't it's still captured in your posts. At least if you man up I might leave you alone. If not, that's ok too.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Whatever

I say, run active if you want to. If you don't like it, switch back

I'm thinking that it's more a phasing issue. Get that fixed, then active will start being beneficial.

Ok brother.

First thing I would do is disconnect the pair of tweeters in your doors.

Use only the ones in the sail panels active and cross them over at 3000 htz.

Second ... Replace the door speakers with a pair of 4" midrange drivers and cross them over accordingly. 3000 htz to 270 htz.

Then cross over your midbass drivers in the kicks 270 htz to 70 htz.

There you go, 6 channels active with no phasing issues ...

Just by doing this, you should see a MAJOR improvement with little work on chanaging your setup.

Then it's on to time alignment and EQ.

Yea, there is alot of "in between the line" here in my post ... but just giving you a general idea of what needs to be done.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

OP don't get offended so easily. Rolex was just saying it how he sees it

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Take shots at you? Again, who opened this door, YOU. So if anyone isn't putting up with the asshole it's me. So balls back in your court douche bag. Learn to shut the fuck up and know your place. Everything in here was running fine until post #6, YOUR post, where YOU started the shit talking, not anyone else. Here let me remind you:

Wow, so two helpful responses, and two complete assholes. Thanks to Krakin and Robert for the info.

So as you try to idly stand by and play the victim I wont let you. take responsibility for the situation you helped create. Acknowledge you were wrong and got all but hurt for no reason and cast the 1st stone. I mean even if you don't it's still captured in your posts. At least if you man up I might leave you alone. If not, that's ok too.

You commented on my thread without even being remotely helpful and you are still here commenting pointless posts that have nothing to do with the imaging question at hand. The sun will freeze over before I apologize to you. Fuck you.

Whatever

I say, run active if you want to. If you don't like it, switch back

I'm thinking that it's more a phasing issue. Get that fixed, then active will start being beneficial.

Ok brother.

First thing I would do is disconnect the pair of tweeters in your doors.

Use only the ones in the sail panels active and cross them over at 3000 htz.

Second ... Replace the door speakers with a pair of 4" midrange drivers and cross them over accordingly. 3000 htz to 270 htz.

Then cross over your midbass drivers in the kicks 270 htz to 70 htz.

There you go, 6 channels active with no phasing issues ...

Just by doing this, you should see a MAJOR improvement with little work on chanaging your setup.

Then it's on to time alignment and EQ.

Yea, there is alot of "in between the line" here in my post ... but just giving you a general idea of what needs to be done.

This is a crazy solution but if that's what it takes, I am going to start planning this out and see how I like it. Would you recommend I keep the 360.3?

I think you will fit in fine around here slinky.

he's been here since 2006, he should know better

Yes, I've been here that long and seen plenty of douchebags like you come and go. Run along now.

OP don't get offended so easily. Rolex was just saying it how he sees it

No. He was being an ass. Saying I need knowledge is one of the stupidest fucking responses he could have had. Why would I be posting here on an audio forum asking an audio related question if I wasn't trying to expand upon my knowledge of car audio? Do you see why it was an asshole comment?

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Go arrest some body ... or loan me your hand cuffs so me and the wife can experiment with them later ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I am on mobile so I can't see post counts and stuff. Just figured by the posting style he was new.

This is a crazy solution but if that's what it takes, I am going to start planning this out and see how I like it.

Crazy ?? yea, but is is also normally called "going active"

Pairs of equipment only work good together when they are on the same plane. Not the case in your car.

Would you recommend I keep the 360.3?

before I say yes ... What head unit do you have ???

Archived