Facekicker's Walled Monte Carlo SS by XP Kustomz & Vapor Mania

i ment on the warrenty lol.....

and im one of those that is LOST on Nick and everyone at Fi doing the "run RF or Kicker" and youd be fine stuff to bro....

trust me..... None of all the excuses ever make a lot of sense to me.

Ive actually gotten told, that even the FOAD leads have burned up also. No shit. I even had a dude send me a pic of a pair of burnt FOAD leads.....

I really dont understand it either man...

Those are not burnt though.

Notice the heatshrink, if it gets hot or burns, it melts, it doesnt split and have chunks going every which direction.

There is no discoloration on the heatshrink nor the tinsels from what I could tell in the picture.

Now if you look at the lead by the ring terminal where it connects to the basket it you will see its twisted to the right, not straight and in line with the connection on the former where it meets the leadout wires of the coil.

What I think happened is someone went and tightened up the bolt on the basket with something like a cordless impact driver and didnt hold the top screw head or the tinsel, so when the impact driver started to actually tighten up the nut the ring terminal with the tinsel on it started to spin around which was enough stress and pressure to tear the heatshrink on the tinsel wires.

Those are not burnt though.

Notice the heatshrink, if it gets hot or burns, it melts, it doesnt split and have chunks going every which direction.

There is no discoloration on the heatshrink nor the tinsels from what I could tell in the picture.

Now if you look at the lead by the ring terminal where it connects to the basket it you will see its twisted to the right, not straight and in line with the connection on the former where it meets the leadout wires of the coil.

What I think happened is someone went and tightened up the bolt on the basket with something like a cordless impact driver and didnt hold the top screw head or the tinsel, so when the impact driver started to actually tighten up the nut the ring terminal with the tinsel on it started to spin around which was enough stress and pressure to tear the heatshrink on the tinsel wires.

This makes sense.. and I would have to agree w/ said story or something just like it.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

So I've been banging away on these for more than a few days now and all is well.

My CT Sounds loot crate is finally en route from SF and I'll be switching my DC 5.0K's to CT7.0ks as soon as I get time in the garage.

Still have future plans to rebuild and use Sundown Teams which to run at .5 ohm.

Ill take the pair of dc 5.0ks off your hands.

They will work great strapped to my sundown saz4500s.

That will really make some butthurt nuthuggers :D

ya... lol.. im sorry

ill take those dc5k's over the ct sounds burn up boards all day... lol.. just me....

I likely wont sell any of the stuff I'm running now for a while, gonna keep it around in the event I want to switch back.

TL'd today for shits n giggles since I hadn't since I installed the recones

149.7 @32hz

Baffle is leaking air like mad.

EDIT- also, you got dual alt plans?

Yeah I do, I've been bugging all the alt guys for some sort of dual alt solution for a minute, but nothing yet.

Iraggi seemed closest to having anything but yeah, some unfinished project, no car to model off of anymore, etc....

If you have suggestions I'm all ears.

Archived