Don't go to iraggi

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

He already took my money about once, so I agree n8, but that was maybe 7+ years ago though. But someone else had tagged him on my FB page a few weeks back when I was probing for ideas and he popped in stating he almost had a dual alt solution for me, but that it never got done & likely wouldn't be completed. Due to lack of existing dual alt support from anybody else I was going to entertain his project if it meant a solution at all.

So far I've seen a Team Skar vehicle that they welded the front passenger motor mount into a solid alt/motor bracket, and thought that would work, but my father (lifelong auto mechanic) reminded me how bad of an idea welding my motor mount solid would be.

I've heard of people losing their a/c and mounting a second alt below the stock location, but in seeking out a bracket to do this, all I've found is a ZZP relocation bracket that only moves stock alt 1/2" to clear supercharger equipment.

So I'm now trying to find a shop or person that is skilled enough to do it proper. Can't find anyone.

And like I said, I'm not expecting the CT's to unlock some ungodly number on the meter. They'll be happier on my electrical than the DC's while I work on the alternator project, rated for more power, and there's nothing wrong with giving them a shot.

I'm going to have enough of them that it's not gonna be a big deal for me to put 2 in my car for a minute.

And no I'm not getting away from being musical.

I'm not expecting any major gains until I have a new enclosure.

Been pounding hard the last few days

Sounds good even with some leaks in the baffle - gonna redo the baffle next Fri

Subs seem happy, dust caps aren't getting hot and amps are nice and happy too.

Been nice to just beat away on it and not worry at all.

• 2 weeks later...

So I went back to XP Kustomz and Fred helped me out quite a bit. He redid some of the finish work that was rushed before and finished up my trunk that had a few panels left out. While he was doing my door pods I got in and went to town trying to get things sealed off better. We added a few more pieces of wood to brace things port side as well. We got a new baffle in, and damn it looks good. So I pounded on it for a few days and pulled out the TL again. 152.3 @ 31hz is where I peaked out at. I'm thinking now I could try to bring box volume down a tad bit. But for now the shit is beatin hard, it's way louder than a 152 when a window is down and I'm driving, it's honestly on point now. I'm not going to rush and throw the CT 7.0k in because I am happy with it as it is for the time being. I am getting the Sundown Teams in though, and I've pre ordered a pair of AA 8.0 TFE amps to completely rebuild with in January or February.

Ill post some pics later today.

• 2 months later...

Archived