Jump to content

wiring New Kenwood hu


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a new Kenwood kdcx497. I have hooked everything up except for my speaker wire because they are being amped but the hu will not turn on or anything. I don't know what to do anymore. Please help!

Posted

You must have wired the harness wrong.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s



 

Posted

You probably have your 12V (red) hooked up incorrectly. You may need to run it to a fuse with a fuse tap. Google it, that's likely your issue and why your deck isn't firing up.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

I am replacing a aftermarket Pioneer heaunit I hooked everything up the same exact way and nothing. I'm saying this because if I need the fuse tap why didn't I need it for the old one?

Posted

Pic of the harness? If it isn't turning on, either you goofed and mismatched a wire or your HU is DOA.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

 

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Posted

You didn't wire it right or the head unit is bad

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Or you blew a fuse

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

If you havent hooked up the speaker wiring on the harness and its a simple install then you literally have 4 connections that need to be made..

Red - ignition switched

Yellow - 12V(+)

Black - ground

Blue (maybe white striped) - remote

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1089 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...