Jump to content
Sundown Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted

I need to power this Kicker Solo X 18" I just got on trade and I was looking at $1000 5000watt amps and decided im not ready to spend that on a amp.. So I was wondering if I buy two HIFONICS BXI2608D's 2600watt amps if they will be enough to get this Solo X moving? I'm not sure what these new Hifonics amps will put out but if its about 2000watts each then I think that will be enough..What do you think??

23002.jpg
Posted

From what I've heard, I wouldn't reccomend 5,000+w RMS to a Kicker Solo X 18" daily, 5,000w RMS+ would be fine for burps though.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock

 

1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit

Posted
From what I've heard, I wouldn't reccomend 5,000+w RMS to a Kicker Solo X 18" daily, 5,000w RMS+ would be fine for burps though.

Are you sure its rated 5000rms 10,000 max...

23002.jpg
Posted
Are you sure its rated 5000rms 10,000 max...

yea im sure he is right... ive read where most people will not even have over half the rms on them and still blow the sub

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

Posted
Are you sure its rated 5000rms 10,000 max...

I'm well aware of the specs for the 18" Solo X....

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock

 

1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit

Posted
I'm well aware of the specs for the 18" Solo X....

Please tell me more because im totally new to this sub.. So they have issues with running there rated power? How about using a Sundown SAZ-3000D for pushing it then?

23002.jpg
Posted

i'd go with the sundown before i'd go with the hifonics personally. if you got rid of the sub you still have a hell of an amp to use for anything else

 

 

Posted (edited)

I guess I will go that route then.. I assume the Sundown SAZ-3000D refurb for $700 is a good deal even though its a refurb it still should be in tip top shape correct??..I plan on eventually selling the Solo X 18" and getting 2 fully loaded 18" BTL's into a 1 ohm load, or 3 RE SX 15"s into a 1.34 ohm load, so will that same Sundown amp be a good choice for them as well? Thanks guys..

Edited by Hodges
23002.jpg
Posted
I guess I will go that route then.. I assume the Sundown SAZ-3000D refurb for $700 is a good deal even though its a refurb it still should be in tip top shape correct??..I plan on eventually selling the Solo X 18" and getting 2 fully loaded 18" BTL's into a 1 ohm load, or 3 RE SX 15"s into a 1.34 ohm load, so will that same Sundown amp be a good choice for them as well? Thanks guys..

um...the AQ 2200D is $389 shipped.

http://www.audioque.com/aq/index.htm

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6629 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...