Second Skin Audio

What makes a subwoofer really hit low?

dawgs007

I find that anyone here, mods included, tend to not spare criticism when they feel it's warranted. And personally, I don't think that's a bad thing.

How else are you supposed to know you're about to do/try something really boneheaded if someone with more experience doesn't point it out to you?

I'm not disputing that. But for some reason he came off in an arrogant haughty manner. Just seemed like a damn know-it-all.

lmao.. im no know it all.. just a person with one of the loudest lowest playing trunk cars in the world...

ill exit to the left tho

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Then is it so hard to help other trunk car guys without being rude about it?

Current Setup: 2002 Ford Focus SE (stock electrical)

-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397

-Infinity Kappa 6x9's in each door

-Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D

-2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D2

Backups:

-12" Power Acoustik Mofo-122X in 36hz T-Line box

-Soundstream Piasso P1.1200D

was gonna say OP

your speaking to one of the loudest trunk builders on the face of the planet your living on....... hell, he may be known on other planets even.

I do like your "go get it" attitude ...... fuck.. go get it..

(man did i annoy the fuck outta those that taught me my shit......bugged them till i was happy)

EDIT- some that have put not HOURS but YEARS in ONE single build/enclosure... feel like just telling YOU how to do it....... is well..... cheap.

Trunk builders, are well.... another breed... any fool with a credit card and space can "get loud". Trunk peeps... are a new cut... and they deserve all the respect they get.

I was one for a time... and will be one again. .....

When you spend more time sitting in your vehicle testing and bleeding, sweating..... more than with your wife, or famiily come season time.....

Just TELLING you what to do... well fuck..... no fun there.. and.... no fun for you..

go cut some teeth....

If he comes off as a know it all its probably because he knows almost it all when it comes to this shit

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Well, here I am thinking he's an average guy who kissed ass to gain Mod status. Gotta say, i feel like a jackass lol. Apologies then to sensai.

On another note, he does all trunk? Not hatchback or anything?

Current Setup: 2002 Ford Focus SE (stock electrical)

-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397

-Infinity Kappa 6x9's in each door

-Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D

-2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D2

Backups:

-12" Power Acoustik Mofo-122X in 36hz T-Line box

-Soundstream Piasso P1.1200D

Well, here I am thinking he's an average guy who kissed ass to gain Mod status. Gotta say, i feel like a jackass lol. Apologies then to sensai.

good call...

Mod meh... audio god... wurd.....

i dont come off as a know it all.. i come off as a person that wants you and others to go out and work for it. I tell you what i did when i started

i start researching other builds on forums an build logs.. then started looking into what power did in other trunks but the real experience came when i first went to home deport bought wood and had them cut it and went to work building boxes.. then 2 then 4 and i was on my 10th box before i knew it.

research research research.. build build build.. nothing here will be given to you.. we will all bust our ass to help you but we must see that you are indeed trying to help yourself

i dont know it all.. but i know what hard work is.. i know the reading i have done on ohm load.. how different woofers perform others.. cabain gain.. sealing.. and again putting in the work..

the type of questions i would have liked for you to ask would have been one of the matter such as :

" i have 2 12s p3s that are in a boxed tuned at 31hz and i was wondering what i coudl do to play lower or louder.

THEN

we can go from there asking you what type of vehicle and power you are running and help you from there.. the general questions such as

what makes a subwoofer hits low ( not the exact question you asked here)..

there are MANY things in which determines how an enclosure will play low in your car.

and yes i do all trunk.... im a nobody.. just a ninja that gets drunk at shows.. plays fulltilt at 9v and loves white woman :unknw:

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Archived