Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted

post up your favorite calculators that you can use online or download. (trying to keep this to free calculators and software) REMEMBER all calculators are A STARTING POINT! and most expect that you live in a perfect world.

Torres Calculator

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/38791-torres-box-tuning-calculator-updated-818/

Bunch of folks on SMD use this

http://www.mh-audio.nl/spk_calc.asp

sealed/vented/horn/TL/TQWT/ a ton more

http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm

Best calculator for simple car audio enclosures, pretty accurate I have found

http://dbdynamixaudio.com/l-slot-vent-bass-reflex-enclosure-calculator/

A multitude of different design calculators, looks easy to use

http://www.subwoofer-builder.com/design/index.htm

http://www.diyaudioandvideo.com/Calculator/Box/

http://www.ajdesigner.com/fl_subwoofer/subwoofer.php

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/box_wizard.asp

Has a bunch of different designs including a hex box...dunno how many people use those but hey its kinda cool.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/38791-torres-box-tuning-calculator-updated-818/

some SMD love

http://www.decibelcar.com/menudiy/88-tools-for-designing-your-own-subwoofer-enclosure.html

http://www.micka.de/org/en/index.php

Tutorials:

Whole list of Tutorials from TermLab

http://www.termpro.com/asp/pubs.asp?Category=2&Org_ID_Filter=0&Year_Filter=0

Subwoofer types and explanations, other goodies.

http://www.jlaudio.com/header/Support/Tutorials/Tutorials/499372

strictly a math calculator for port/tunning frequency

http://easycalculation.com/analytical/learn-subwoofer-enclosure-tuning-frequency.php

Posted

I prefer not to use simple script calculators.

hah! do I need to take back what I said in that other post? What calculators do you use? I am saying as a starting point.

Posted

I know that the REbox Calculator is off.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

Also places to get box designs.

I have used Steve Deckert's designs before and am happy with them

decware.com

I tried using PWK Designs before but didn't get any replies but I think people still use him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5204 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...