ice bucket challenge !?!?

ghostlyrich

who hear has done it ? i just did it myself and was curious if any one else here on the forum has done it

how much did you donate?

i donate yearly when work comes around for collections cant remember for certain what it was last time.

I pretty much refuse to do it. The whole theory behind it makes no sense: do this dare or donate money to a good cause. Unfortunately, everyone does the "challenge" and doesn't donate. How does that help the ALS foundation? The only recognition it gains is that people know the initials ALS. Beyond that, nobody looks into it or anything like that.

I'm not putting you down for doing it at all. You said you donate yearly at work, which is great. I highly respect that. But unfortunately, most people just do the challenge and leave it at that.

Current Setup: 2002 Ford Focus SE (stock electrical)

-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397

-Infinity Kappa 6x9's in each door

-Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D

-2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D2

Backups:

-12" Power Acoustik Mofo-122X in 36hz T-Line box

-Soundstream Piasso P1.1200D

^^ watch Charlie sheens

seen it. Makes me think he's back on whacky drugs, but i give him props lol

Current Setup: 2002 Ford Focus SE (stock electrical)

-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397

-Infinity Kappa 6x9's in each door

-Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D

-2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D2

Backups:

-12" Power Acoustik Mofo-122X in 36hz T-Line box

-Soundstream Piasso P1.1200D

I pretty much refuse to do it. The whole theory behind it makes no sense: do this dare or donate money to a good cause. Unfortunately, everyone does the "challenge" and doesn't donate. How does that help the ALS foundation? The only recognition it gains is that people know the initials ALS. Beyond that, nobody looks into it or anything like that.

I'm not putting you down for doing it at all. You said you donate yearly at work, which is great. I highly respect that. But unfortunately, most people just do the challenge and leave it at that.

I agree 100% with this

I even posted a recent status on Facebook very similar to what you said and got drilled with comments accusing me of being anti charity, against The cause etc etc. lol.

I just think it defeats the purpose if there's no donations or even awareness of what ALS is.. And I see more and more of em just calling out a bunch of friends without knowing what they're actually doing it for and the actual cause.

In my town the firefighters stand on the busy intersection by my house with boots for ALS donations... I prefer that... No ice cold water, just a friendly hello and some money into the boot :)

Archived