Aculous-2008 Dodge Magnum Build

youe going to use the amp for midbass and tweets and the hu for the mids? why?

FaitalPRO 3FE25 3" Professional Full-Range Woofer 4 Ohm

FaitalPRO's 3FE25 3" ceramic ferrite professional woofer has exceptionally flat response from 100 Hz to 20,000 Hz, both on and off-axis, and features a 91 dB sensitivity due to a large ferrite magnet. Distortion is reduced through the use of a copper cap to create a demodulation circuit in the motor.

Great for use in compact professional line array speakers, the 3FE25 is also right at home in home audio, personal audio, and car audio applications. It's also ideal for fixed installation applications as a midbass, midrange, or full-range speaker. Made in Italy.

• Nominal Diameter3"
  • Power Handling (RMS)20 Watts
  • Power Handling (max)40 Watts
  • Impedance4 ohms
  • Frequency Response100 to 20,000 Hz
  • Sensitivity91 dB 1W/1m
  • Voice Coil Diameter0.75"

If a almost 300$ HU can't put down 20 watts RMS...theres something wrong. If I had a gigantic mid I would go with more power and another 4 channel. But for 20watts I am positive that headunit will handle that.

If its an issue I will add a small 2 channel or 4. But I doubt it, 20watts and a 91db sensitivity it should be good.

But i dont think you can set the filters differantely since theres still a front and rear setting. How are you going to keep the mids and tweets or mid and midbasses on a differant setting?

Yea...I have no idea really. I was hoping that I could independently deal with crossover freq on the HU since it has a 3way xover. But I have never done this before, every time I do a build I am usually doing it for the first time to try something new. So realistically I don't know.

This is new. Any ideas would be appreciated. Haven't bought amps yet since I found out about the sub today. How does one typically do a three way setup in a car?

My thought was:

ya know what fuckit.....I am looking at the manual and see if I can do this. We'll bring you back to your regularly scheduled program when I figure out my own damn shit...fuck. I was bathing in the the sweet glow of new gear and ignorance...big tittied bitches were smiling on me and then....

EDIT:

So ....pioneer manuals are uh somewhat vague.

Says in 3way mode.

TURN MC to select speaker to be adjusted

3way network mode

High L

High R

Mid L

Mid R

Low L

Low R

Standard Mode (2way)

Front R

Front L

Rear R

Rear L

SubW L

SubW R

....so FML. Nothing about wiring speakers to the HU or RCA output unless I am missing something. And no detail thats talks about the crossover in conjunction with the RCA output to amplifiers...So yea still looking.

so the install manual looks promising.

• 1 month later...

Not audio related but....14.9 in the 1/4 at 84mph. Super slow because my damn programmer made it so everytime I got to 6k rpm instead of going to 6400 like I programmed it to it would just bounce off the rev limiter like it was cool.

If I could have gotten more then 1 run in I would have been able to fix it. I think its a 13 second car stock.

Alright well maybe this week I will get something done...we'll see.

• 4 months later...

Got so new goodies. (2) Beyma 8"s, Orion amp is sitting at USPS, center console, carpet, seats. Shits about to go down. Sound deadner is whats holding me up, Waiting on Second Skin to put out their v-day sale!

Also apparently every magnum ever made came with tan interior...I am about ready to put the new plastic in my car and having a upholstery place cover it in leather/vinyl...

DSCF0447_zpskvbxiuyz.jpg

DSCF0452_zpsormxls2u.jpg

Nice Drivers

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

DSCF0455_zpsvoclormh.jpg

Got some 0 gauge and a ENTIRE INTERIOR! from the picknpull yard. Pretty happy about that. For a drivers seat they were quoting 450$+ from mopar. Used from the picknpull yard was like 30$ A little deep steam clean and them bitches will be like new.

Plastics was a bust...I found pieces but they were all tan in the 6 magnums I looked at. Oh well I found a way around them, Apparently there are side bolsters that did no come in my car but everyone civilian magnum so I yanked those too.

Archived