Sonic Electronix

So let me guess, you set your gains with a DD-1 or Scope using a 0dB test tone and never boost any frequencies with the EQ? Meade has the DD1+ (I think that's the one) in which you can use it to set gain overlap. That is just a way of saying it allows you to set the gain higher to allow minor distortion/clipping on frequencies recorded at stronger levels.

There is no medium LOL. Your either playing distorted music or you're not.

What is "distorted music"? I doubt the music itself is distorted, maybe the signal but not the music. And the severity of the clipping allows for a medium. If it is severely clipped, it will kill the sub quicker. If it is lightly clipped, it will not wear it out as fast.

Please, if you're going to be a condescending prick, don't do it on a post that has absolutely nothing to do with you from the start.

Current Setup: 2002 Ford Focus SE (stock electrical)

-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397

-Infinity Kappa 6x9's in each door

-Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D

-2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D2

Backups:

-12" Power Acoustik Mofo-122X in 36hz T-Line box

-Soundstream Piasso P1.1200D

What part of using a DD-1 makes things easier do people not get and think they know better?!?!?!?! Did they get the O-scope implant done and they know something we don't?

Gain as a volume knob FTW

What part of using a DD-1 makes things easier do people not get and think they know better?!?!?!?! Did they get the O-scope implant done and they know something we don't?

Gain as a volume knob FTW

Don't forget a little bass boost as well.

SMH/

For as arrogant as you are, you'd think you invented car audio or something. Get over yourself man.

Current Setup: 2002 Ford Focus SE (stock electrical)

-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397

-Infinity Kappa 6x9's in each door

-Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D

-2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D2

Backups:

-12" Power Acoustik Mofo-122X in 36hz T-Line box

-Soundstream Piasso P1.1200D

Ease of gain setting is not what my augment is about. I have never once said the DD1 doesn't make gain setting easier, I only said that playing test tones to set gains by ear can be as effective, and believe it or not, it is and has been proven.

Have you a DD-1? Care to prove me wrong?

I don't bass boost, But when I do it's at 45hz and tuned with the TermLab in my cochlear implant

Archived