Sid420 Posted August 24, 2014 Author Report Posted August 24, 2014 It does it about every 20 seconds or so after I started the car. It looks like the sub goes in then pops out then 20 seconds later same thing in and pop out
Weigel21 Posted August 24, 2014 Report Posted August 24, 2014 So it doesn't do it with the ignition in the ACC position?
slowfkncar Posted August 24, 2014 Report Posted August 24, 2014 When I turn my car on my subs will pop twice but I have the amp all the way down and the hu all the way down. I checked my rcas and everything but nothing seems to be different then my last system which is using the same wires and they never popped. Help please Does the woofers pop when you change tracks on a CD or change sources on the unit? Usually it is caused by the amp turning on before the units line outs are activated. In your case, it pops every 20 seconds indicates a bad head unit ground/bad amplifier ground/bad rca/bad amp. If you unplug the amp RCA's and power the amp back up, does the woofers still pop? If so, get a DMM and test amp ground continuity if it is a good connection and your terminals and ground are solid to the point where you can't move it without tools then your ground is probably good. If the amp is getting 12.4v+ on the b+ & 12v+ on the remote then your wires are good. Probably a bad amp.
Sid420 Posted August 24, 2014 Author Report Posted August 24, 2014 So I took the speaker wires out and now the amp is in protect mode
Sid420 Posted August 24, 2014 Author Report Posted August 24, 2014 I think I have a bad amp. I put my other amp and works like a charm.
n8ball2013 Posted August 24, 2014 Report Posted August 24, 2014 bad amp or head unit. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.