Sonic Electronix

please help! don't make sense! need help now!

Friday i bought new jl 4channel rc cables and upgraded grounds.

turned my system on and the 1400.1 was in protect and my door speakers were popping and humming like crazy. quick put everything back the Way it was no.change.

Saturday i got the 1400.1 out of pro and the popping stopped. but the hum was still there.

today i grounded my rca jacks on the back of the deck and the hum stopped.... so i.thought i fixed the issue.

i went for a ride and 2 mins in my door speakers stopped making music. but my subs kept slamming away.

i went back home and noticed that every other30/40 seconds my 60.4 was going into pprotect.

note with just the car on not running i can go as long as i want with no issue! no pro no cutting out. as soon as the car is on 14v that's

when the 60.4 cuts in and out of pro

i really need to.know if this is a deck or amp issue.

also the grounds are back the way they were before this started along with the old rc cables.

please help! amp is under warranty but deck is not!

what can i do to find out what is causing this?

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I'll look for another 4 channel. just sold my spare 4 channel.. sob!

and i believe grounding the deck did it.

everything will be fine.. then the 60.4 will go into pro then come back out. the 1400.1 Keeps right on slamming the sub. no issue there anymore.

it's almost like a clock every 30/40seconds it will

go into pro for 30/40sec then come out for 30/40 Then go back in

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I would recheck your grounds to make sure they are not loose. Sounds like a ground issue

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

I'll look for another 4 channel. just sold my spare 4 channel.. sob!

and i believe grounding the deck did it.

everything will be fine.. then the 60.4 will go into pro then come back out. the 1400.1 Keeps right on slamming the sub. no issue there anymore.

it's almost like a clock every 30/40seconds it will

go into pro for 30/40sec then come out for 30/40 Then go back in

OK you say its like a clock,does music have to be playing in order for it to protect every 30 seconds? Or just powering it up does the job? Best thing to do is check continuity with a DMM,then unplug the speakers one by one at the amp to see if maybe a speaker is causing this. You could also get a dmm and measure DC voltage output from the RCA's and see if your unit is sending voltage spikes through the RCA's. Hell I would just plug an RCA to Headphone plug on the 60.4 and see if your iPod/phone will bring it into protect.

Is it hot? Also check all wires for loose connections or shorts I had a bad remote wire once it did the same thing would cut in and out.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

the grounds ain't loose! even took the ground from the 1400.1 which has no issues and shoved it in the 60.4... same issue.

it's the amp. i took a rc cable with a 3.5m jack and used my phone. as soon as i put it in channel 1&2 it went into pro. tried with ch 3&4 and all was fine until my car was turned on 14v then it would cut in and out of pro... I'm pissed! there's not words for how pissed i am. i did everything right.when i swapped grounds everything was disconnected from both bats. i mean I've only done this idk 200+ times! now I'm without music. i Just cant catch a break.

i know people are gonna rag on ct... this time theres not much i can say

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage