Possible cheap sound deadening fix?

This thread is absurd.

The OP isn't going to spend a dime to try this, yet he's asking instead of just doing it, and then 8 people jump on board trying to sell him deadener.

For fuck's sake, just do it and let us know if it works. What you plan doesn't sound permanent and it won't cost you more than 10 minutes of your time to just go out and do.

This thread is absurd.

The OP isn't going to spend a dime to try this, yet he's asking instead of just doing it, and then 8 people jump on board trying to sell him deadener.

For fuck's sake, just do it and let us know if it works. What you plan doesn't sound permanent and it won't cost you more than 10 minutes of your time to just go out and do.

nobody is going to tell OP to put some tshirt and pillows in place to stop the rattles

we do shit right around here or don't do it at all.

cheap deadener leaves a brown film thats damn near impossible to clean off.

buy secondskin damplifier and do it right the first time or else you'll regret it.

you'll spend the same amount of money with the good stuff vs the cheap stuff since you'll need to cover more area with the cheap stuff in order to have the same effect as less coverage of the more expensive stuff.

Yea...what everyone said.

hispls my bad I didn't even read the entire post.

Also WTF TSHIRTS?>!?>.....if your hobo broke ass has to go to tshirts for sound deadening its not worth it. What you do is instead of spending the time going to good will find someplace in the area where you can work at homedepot or a restraunt or SOMETHING for a couple hours a week and then you can feed your habit.

I worked at bestbuy for about 6 months so I could afford all my home audio shit. It was actually kinda fun. I know I am kinda being a dick and I don't know your situation so I apologize if you're doin the best you can but in that case its not worth it, tshirts ain't gonna cut it.

Here I found a tshirt with the butyl molecule on it

Butyl is what second skin uses in their deadener, so a picture of it on a tshirt should be just what you're looking for.

http://www.cafepress.com/+ppg14_butyl_ether_molecular_m_womens_burnout_tee,1132289608?utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=1132289608&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=sem-cpc-product-ads&utm_content=search-pla

This thread is absurd.

nobody is going to tell OP to put some tshirt and pillows in place to stop the rattles

First of all, half the people didn't even read what OP wrote, I'm sure of that. Second, who gave you the monopoly on the "right way" to do something? I don't so much worry about what some anonymous strangers on the internet thing as I worry about whether or not something works.

So if OP can jam a couple old T-Shirts between the panel and metal and stop it rattling to his satisfaction what's wrong with that? He isn't paying a dime and it'll take him about 5 minutes and a screwdriver to see if it works.

The question wasn't "How can I spend 100$ on deadener that will meet your approval?" But simply "can I stuff some rags between panels to stop them buzzing against eachother?" So all the show-offs here that are telling OP to fork over his money didn't really even address his question.

I've seen a couple unconventional (or "the wrong way") methods of securing panels and dampening that work amazingly well in some very loud builds. So don't lump me into your little club when you say "we" do things the right way. Speak for yourself. I'll test anything I can think of and go with what gives me results.

This thread is absurd.

First of all, half the people didn't even read what OP wrote, I'm sure of that. Second, who gave you the monopoly on the "right way" to do something? I don't so much worry about what some anonymous strangers on the internet thing as I worry about whether or not something works.

So if OP can jam a couple old T-Shirts between the panel and metal and stop it rattling to his satisfaction what's wrong with that? He isn't paying a dime and it'll take him about 5 minutes and a screwdriver to see if it works.

The question wasn't "How can I spend 100$ on deadener that will meet your approval?" But simply "can I stuff some rags between panels to stop them buzzing against eachother?" So all the show-offs here that are telling OP to fork over his money didn't really even address his question.

I've seen a couple unconventional (or "the wrong way") methods of securing panels and dampening that work amazingly well in some very loud builds. So don't lump me into your little club when you say "we" do things the right way. Speak for yourself. I'll test anything I can think of and go with what gives me results.

wow. you are something else.

I guess we can use horse shit cause it "works" as deadener right?

What about when the tshirt gets moldy and shrinks and does not "work" anymore?

AND we are all show offs because we use sound deadener to sound deaden our vehicles? :finger:

You can't honestly expect members of a car audio forum to approve or recommend

some ass backwards hillbilly install methods like using tshirts for deadener or lamp cords for power wire.

That Qmat I recommended is $56 for 4 sheets,

if OP cant afford $50 to stop some rattles, what is he gonna do when a battery quits?

At least he will get some tshirts back from his fenders cause there wont be rattles anymore.

Archived