80PRS 3way setup-What is the best way to configure it?

So I have a 3way front stage that I am trying to hook up to a Pioneer 80PRS. I was thinking that I could run (1) 4 channel amp and run my mids off my headunit (for power).

Not sure I can do this. It has a NW1, NW2, NW3 which allows me to set the crossover frequency for each NW independently which I am guessing is crossover "network".

But the issue is ok great so I split the frequency 3 ways and then its outputed to my amp which I am running in passthrough mode I would guess but it would split the freq 3 ways for each channel...which would mean instead of splitting the freq for each speaker it would split it three ways for each speaker...

I am so confused. Noob to 3way setups. I have run 2way components (passive) in the past so help would be awesome.

...I am prepared to offer $1 to victor of this challenge.

network will only do 3 way active...

none network wont control the way you want.. you where told wrong

3way active is what I am going for really, just don't know how to wire it I suppose since I wanted my amps to push power but not cut frequency if that makes sense.

Other issue I think I am having a hard time explaining this as well.

How would someone typically do a three way setup?

/\/\/\ What he said.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

Alright understood. ( I know this is frustrating I am trying to not be a dumbass about this but I am having a hard time understanding what is going on)

But why is there a seperate SUB crossover freq along with the Hi/Mid/Low? I guess what I was thinking would be a 3way setup is actually more like a 4way.

So really if I run the HU in 2way mode, hook up the tweets and mids to one amp and then I can run the crossover of a second amp with what the Midbass drivers actually need.

if you want to run 3 way up front with subs off this unit you are going to need a paragraph and a half for us to explain it, right now you cant even set the sub crossover.

take a deep breath, read the manual, watch some youtube videos, and play with the menus for about 3 days. then learn how to do reset and start over so you dont have some setting screwed up while you were learning,

To further clarify, you cannot run a 3-way front stage AND a subwoofer with this headunit. Just run it like Kyle listed; tweets, mids, subs.

if you want to run 3 way up front with subs off this unit you are going to need a paragraph and a half for us to explain it, right now you cant even set the sub crossover.

take a deep breath, read the manual, watch some youtube videos, and play with the menus for about 3 days. then learn how to do reset and start over so you dont have some setting screwed up while you were learning,

I understand how to set a sub crossover. Thats not the issue. Like Kyle and Orion are saying and I am understanding is that basically I am trying to get the HU to do something that it can't.

When I saw that the HU had a 2way and 3way crossover as well as a sub out, my thought was that I could run a 3way + sub setup. Now I am seeing that that is not the way it was designed so I need to figure out a better way to do it. nuff said.

Appreciate the help guys,

Talked to ToNasty too and I am probably just going to run either a 4 channel and a 2 channel or two 4 channel amps and set the crossover frequency at the amp. I think this will solve my issue.

I just need to play with how I am going to do eq and ta then.

Archived