BigYellowBlur78 Posted August 30, 2014 Report Posted August 30, 2014 A litte back story 1st. I'm going to school to become a physical therapist. While I'm attending school, I have the opportunity to observe physical therapist in a local hospital. The physical therapist I am observing have a doctorate in physical therapy. ( http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_of_Physical_Therapy ) For example their title would be John Smith DPT. Now if I'm emailing them or talking to them in person would I address them as Dr. John Smith?
LoudBimmer Posted August 30, 2014 Report Posted August 30, 2014 unless they tell you to call them by their first name.
MrSkippyJ Posted August 30, 2014 Report Posted August 30, 2014 I haven't met a person yet who went through the effort to get some sort of doctorate and didn't want to be called Dr. so and so. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Guest Posted August 30, 2014 Report Posted August 30, 2014 I've had professors who clearly state in their syllabus that it is inappropriate to address them as "Dr." because that name title is designated for those in the medical field, not educational doctorates. You should be fine.
n8ball2013 Posted August 30, 2014 Report Posted August 30, 2014 If I stay in school for my doctorate you can bet your ass I want someone to call me dr. I earned that fucking thing. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Hotdog Posted August 30, 2014 Report Posted August 30, 2014 like this. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
Emmet Posted August 30, 2014 Report Posted August 30, 2014 If I stay in school for my doctorate you can bet your ass I want someone to call me dr. I earned that fucking thing. Plus every appointment you go to after becomes a doctors appointment. i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah.. You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people. I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.
Hotdog Posted August 30, 2014 Report Posted August 30, 2014 This is what it would be like. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
MrSkippyJ Posted August 30, 2014 Report Posted August 30, 2014 I've had professors who clearly state in their syllabus that it is inappropriate to address them as "Dr." because that name title is designated for those in the medical field, not educational doctorates. You should be fine. It isn't designated for the medical field though. You had some weird professors. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.