Jump to content

I got hit by someone, iffy insurance? !!! PT 2 UPDATE!!!


Recommended Posts

Posted

Whats up yall. Hope yall days are going better than mine. :badmood2: lol

But anyways, about 2 hours ago I was driving on the freeway in the carpool lane / fast lane (far left lane). I was driving with 3 other friends not including myself and we were going back to the area where we stay. I didn't pay attention to the car coming on the freeway since I was driving and I was just looking straight and in the rear view. One of my friends in the back seat says he saw the car enter the freeway, get off 3 lanes to be in the lane right next to me on my right, and stayed there for about 10 seconds. She then sped up and started to enter my lane when she is literally right next to me car to car.. Like when I say literally I just cant believe she didnt see us. Anyways I didnt see her since the roads were open and I didn't think a car would make an lane change like that with such open space.

Anyways she hit me and I almost hit the center divider, note this is at 65 mph. I managed to hold control of the car and not hit the center and I start to move over to the right lane. The person who hit me ended up driving for like 2 miles w/o stopping so I had to follower her honking and she eventually stopped in a residential area. A woman and man came out and at first she claimed to not have a "license". I just told her she isn't going anywhere until I got her license information. We swapped information including phone number, insurance, address, license plate, and uhh.. thats it. Took pictures, etc.

Pretty much the insurance she uses is one of those "iffy" ones where they don't really pay out their claims, and I was wondering if that will affect me at all. She hit me at her fault 100% and I have 3 witnesses to prove it. Her insurance isn't like geicho or anything I guess, its one of those small ones. Is there anyway this can backfire on me?

I also found an empty prescription bottle of pills on the floor of her car when she was looking for her ID.. but thats none of my business.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

I would have called the police immediately when she stopped... Did she say she didn't have one at all or just not with her? Do you mind showing the pictures of the damage?

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

2 sets of Rockford Fosgate P1683's

Fi Audio Q 18" D2 ( Currently Own)

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

All SHCA Wires and stuff...

XS Power 4800 ( Stock Replacement)

High Ouput alternator (undecided which company or Amperage.)

Posted

make a police report if you havent already.. call your insurance and have them deal with her insurance. you will have a better chance of getting paid that way. if all fails you can sue her and you can bring up hit and run charges on her.

when you make the report make sure you let them know she tried to run so it can hold up in court

Posted

That's more than a little fender bender and information exchange situation. She hit you and continued for miles before stopping, and then claimed no license. She may not even actually have valid insurance, and can quite easily just deny the whole thing happened/claim your fault. You definitely should have reported this when it happened. Unfortunately you may be at a coin toss. =\

Posted

would have called the cops man :shrug:

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

Her husband was super nice and respectful and he gave his license like nothing. But he wasn't the driver / name on insurance. She gave me insurance but wouldn't let me take pictures of the paper / of her license. Called mercury insurance or something ? I'm going to make a claim now just waited for the parents since it's joint insurance. I'll post pictures once I get home. Pretty much my whole passenger side from front bumper to read passenger door is scratcdd and scraped. Side mirror is scratched and folded closed when the car hit me.

I'm going to call insurance and if they don't take action soon, I might call the police but I have all the information I think I need. Exactly everything I have is this : License plate number / pics of car , her driver license number itself , a picture of her , pictures of both car damage , her insurance company name / number / VIN # of car , phone number , address , and full first and last name which matched on license / what she told me. But she seemed she was high or something.

Making claim now. Had to drive everyone home first after. Glad no one got hurt.

But my overall question was, I've heard they're some insurance company's who are the "hole in the wall" type of insurance. Meaning they won't pay for my car .. Idk I'm just wondering about that. Cause in order to fix this damage completely, I need new front number , 2 new doors , etc.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

For future reference, it's usually a really good idea to involve the police. Hopefully that doesn't bite you in the ass this time but there isn't a reason to leave them out.

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Posted

For future reference, it's usually a really good idea to involve the police. Hopefully that doesn't bite you in the ass this time but there isn't a reason to leave them out.

.....especially if she is "acting high" LOL.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5077 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...