Second Skin Audio

Recones

donpablo

Ive been through the amp checked every thing every wire re grounded rca i did it all

What made me think it was the subs is once they cut out when i pressed the cone in they started working again

2015 F-150 Platnuim

Ive been through the amp checked every thing every wire re grounded rca i did it all

What made me think it was the subs is once they cut out when i pressed the cone in they started working again

Time for a recone. You have a torn lead or broken coil somewhere. Funny thing is this usually only happens too mid bass speakers. Take it out of the box, push the cone out and see if it stops playing. If so, recone time.

Time for a recone. You have a torn lead or broken coil somewhere. Funny thing is this usually only happens too mid bass speakers. Take it out of the box, push the cone out and see if it stops playing. If so, recone time.

Like push upwards while its playing and out of the box ?

2015 F-150 Platnuim

Yes, push the cone outwards while it is playing at low volume and take care not to ground out the subwoofers terminals. If it stops playing COMPLETLY then you have a bad sub. Another way to check is you have to get a DMM then put it on DC Resistance and plug it into your woofers terminals(amps must be off and dissconected from the woofers prior), push the cone up. If the meter stops reading you have a bad sub.

Archived