Jump to content

07 gmc newb questions..


pk222

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys. My dad just recently asked me to put a stereo in his early 07 gmc Sierra for his birthday. I'm not new to car audio at all but I haven't messed with many newer vehicles.

I'm just doing a simple head unit and speaker swap. But back when I had my envoy I had people warn me that I would need an adapter or it would mess up the on star and door chimes. I did the swap normal and had no issues.

Can I do this on his truck or do I need anything special other than a harness antenna adapter and dash kit? If it was my own vehicle i wouldn't be as worried but since it's not I wanted to make sure.

Posted

Yep special adapter to retain Onstar and chimes

2009 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab

Current Set up -

Headunit - JVC 6100BT

Mids/Highs - Sundown SA-6.5 CS x2

- 4 Crescendo pwx6.5's

- 2 Crescendo ft1's

Mids/Highs amps - 2 Sundown SAX100.4 V2

Sub amp - NS-1 V2

Alts - 2 Singer 320a 6 Phase

2 XS D4800 under the hood

2 XS D3100's in back

2 Sundown Team 18's walled

Posted

you still need a radio module. i have the classic body 2007 gmc sierra and my friend has the new body gmc sierra and we both needed a radio module and a dash kit.

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

 

Posted

I just re read what that module said and it says I will need something else to.. Any chance someone can post a link ? I've tried searching and I'm having no luck

Posted

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s



 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1088 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...