American bass and soundstream (almost) identical guts?

JEFFYBOI

oh.

and it looks like i see some swelled caps in your top pic...

(did you buy that used?)

:shrug:

I dont think they are swelled, it looks like a couple of the lower ones have a rubber cusion on them to prevent rattles against the back plate, looks like they fell off on some, and the one it took the top cap of the capacitor off with it.

The layout of the 2 amps don't look alike? That is what I'm reffering to for those who are trying to fuck with me. Put all the technical bs aside and look at them. if you can't see it then your just trolling.. lol.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Also these 2 pictures are random from the internet. they are not my amps. this is just something i ran across in my free time

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Also these 2 pictures are random from the internet. they are not my amps. this is just something i ran across in my free time

well, power supply output on one side, input on the other. I mean, thats basically most amps.

The layout of the 2 amps don't look alike? That is what I'm reffering to for those who are trying to fuck with me. Put all the technical bs aside and look at them. if you can't see it then your just trolling.. lol.

Layout is going to be highly similar in tons of amps, just like most electrical components. Layout has next to nothing to do with quality of an amp.

quality of the internals plays a big role.

Sure they make look the same but I guarantee when you're competing, wired below 1 ohm, and dipping hella low voltage, the AB amp is going to get you better results than the soundstream amp.

I agree, and thank you for being the 1 person with a halfway decent reply. Lol. The quality of the internals are different which I agree with how well the amp performs but I was just referring to the elements inside the amp and how they are all layed out in almost the exact same spots making it look like the 2 brands used the same designs with just different parts inside. I guess this is normal? Most amps I open the guts almost always look nothing alike.

----- I don't even post a new topic much but dam every time I do seems like someone is so quick to turn a thread into a joke or making me sound like im retarted or some shit...... :ughdunno:

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

If you look at the smaller resistors, and diodes and whatnot, you will see they are very different. From afar, similar yes. but for pete's sake the trim pots and leds are completely different and there is also different quantities of the small caps towards the right side of the pic.

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Compare DC 5K and AB 500.1, DC 9K and AB 1100.1, or RD D9 and CT Sounds 4000.1 for identical boards.

As far as similar layouts, there is a logical way to lay out components on a board based on what they do in the circuit, and all the brands that are just a brand name and a marketing department all use the same crap from the same factories who use pretty much the same 2 or 3 antiquated designs.

Archived