Swordlordboy1234 Posted September 6, 2014 Report Posted September 6, 2014 So I've done most of the work. These are my selections. They will be run by my b2 class H Quattro( 100x4 at 4ohms ) active on my 80prs. I'd also like to add to the mix the Hertz ht28 tweeters. I do not have any "mainstream woofer" choices though. The rest of my choices can be found in these links. I will have the tweeters high in each door (where I have my Polk mm tweeters now) and the mids in the stock locations (don't get it twisted, there is a nice birch wooden baffle PL'd to my door with the F.A.S.T speaker rings installed aswell, on top of that all proper sealing off is done) They are listed in least expensive to most. Not order in which I want them. Any help is appreciated. Speakers http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/silver-flute-woofers-6-7/silver-flute-w17rc38-08-6-1/2-wool-cone/ http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/hi-vi-woofers-6-7/hi-vi-l6-4r-6-woven-kevlar-cone-4-ohm/ http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/peerless-woofers-6-7/peerless-nomex-830875-6.5-nomex-cone-woofer/ http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-6-7-woofers/seas-prestige-u16rcy/p-h1520-08-6-curv-cone-woofer/ http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/audax-woofers-6-7/audax-hm170c0-6.5-carbon-fiber-woofer/ Tweeters http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/ring-radiator-tweeters/sb-acoustics-sb29rdc-c000-4-ring-dome-tweeter/ http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/ring-radiator-tweeters/sb-acoustics-sb29rdcn-c000-4-neo-magnet-ring-dome-tweeter/ http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/scanspeak-soft-dome-tweeters/scanspeak-illuminator-d3004/6020-10-1-tweeter-deep-chamber/ My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
hdorre Posted September 6, 2014 Report Posted September 6, 2014 I run HT28s. I'll post about it in like 30.. I'm a tad busy On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
hdorre Posted September 6, 2014 Report Posted September 6, 2014 I have HT28s, and got them like 2 1/2yrs ago. Over this summer, I sold most of my front stage (amp and mids).. But decided to keep my tweets. No coincidence there. I was throwing ~120wrms at them and cross them over with a 3khz HPF. They were harsh at all with all that power playing that low. Sure, they were attenuated, but I guess that goes to show efficiency. Now, I have 4 Pro audio mids, and still the tweets. When I had my old amp, I threw on the 4 Nendo mids on ~180wrms per side, and the Hertz tweets on ~120/speaker. I increased their HPF to ~5khz. With the tweeters STILL attenuated, they kept up and sounded like sexx. These tweets are no joke. Now, I have an amp that does 100x4 @12v and 150@4 at 14.4v all at 4 ohms. Im curious to see how this goes. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
hdorre Posted September 6, 2014 Report Posted September 6, 2014 Do you remember the AA mids? Well, Ascendant Audio had a component set option.. and these were the tweets that came in it. They're ranted and raved about.. http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/auto-tweeters/seas-prestige-27tffnc/g-h1396-1-textile-dome-tweeter/ This is also a solid runner up.. http://www.parts-express.com/vifa-xt25sc90-04-1-dual-ring-radiator-tweeter--264-1014 On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Swordlordboy1234 Posted September 6, 2014 Author Report Posted September 6, 2014 Cool. Well any thoughts on mids? Interests are, as loud and midbass filled as I can get from a single mid woofer set in the ideal stock location (no custom pods, no double mid per door) My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
hdorre Posted September 6, 2014 Report Posted September 6, 2014 budget for mids? On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
gckless Posted September 6, 2014 Report Posted September 6, 2014 For me, I like to choose my mid first based on its capabilities, then choose the tweeter to match. Unless you know you like the sound of a specific tweeter. Reason for this, is that your substage is already there, so you will need a mid to pick up where that leaves off. That driver will then fall off somewhere in the midrange, and you'll want to try to get it at 2k or above, because you're limiting yourself on tweeter selection if you have a mid that's unusable above 2k and need a tweeter to cover from there up. I guess that's kinda hypocritical, because I'm crossed at 2k lol. But, my point is that there are a lot less options. Remember, rule of thumb is that you want to cross your tweeter at no less than double the Fs at or near RMS power. Just a rule of thumb, and has a little wiggle room, mostly dependent on power level. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Swordlordboy1234 Posted September 7, 2014 Author Report Posted September 7, 2014 Budget is... Well... What ever it has to be at this point. I've done just about all the prep work and mods I can do besides fiberglassing my A pillars or door panels. Not sure why I'm against doing it. But I'm 100% about keeping a single set of tweeters in my doors the way they are. As far as the mid, most of those mids I picked out could play into the 3k range. And the ht28 along with a couple other tweeters I picked could play into the 2k range. So for ease of everything. Let's say my tweeters are ht28's and they will be crossed over at like 2.5k to 3k on less then 100 watts (-0db on the dd1 and turned down to my liking) . So what mid should I go with that's 6.75 to 6.5 .. And can play up to 3k and down as low as possible with great midbass. When I say low as possible. I'm shooting for strong midbass down to about 60hz since that's where my subs take over (71 hz cross over) and the mids will get my full 100 rms at -5db overlap. My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
White Lightning Posted September 7, 2014 Report Posted September 7, 2014 Don't suppose you have any room for a 4" driver (midrange) and a 8" midbass driver. Just seems like for what you are wanting, this would suit your needs better. Just a suggestion bro ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.