Tips to a clean install.

If by stuff to put on the wires you mean like wire loom, I would recommend that any visible wire you cover with Techflex. It is really easy to get, and it makes visible wires look really clean. As for everything else just make sure to use zip ties and properly secure your wire, tuck it under panels or carpet, and make sure that all connections are solid. I personally recommend heat shrink and solder over crimp and tape for the clean look.

Take your time with everything. The faster you try to do it the worse it will look in most cases.

Zipties, splitloom, & wire management (planning out where you will route everything). Cut everything to correct lengths and dont rush. Just the fact that you are motivated to make it a clean install will put yours in a league above others

GeekSquad Autotech

MECP Basic Installer - CEA251901

2006 Honda Civic EX

HU - Kenwood Excelon KDC-X794

Fronts - Polk Audio DXI651 6.5"s

Rears - Stock

Sub - Kenwood KFC-W3013PS 12"

Amp - Pioneer GM-D8601

Electrical - Stock

Plan things out. Have something in your head before you do it. Doing installs on the fly generally leads to things that aren't as smooth as they should be. Wire management is a huge one, no one wants to see a huge spaghetti mess of wires. Don't leave bare wood, try to route wood edges where possible.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Techflex as mentioned, zip ties, don't be afraid to cut a small hole in carpet with a razor blade to hide your wires. Route things with respect to existing surfaces or contours in the car, so that things flow.

If it looks janky, it is.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

shrink wrap is important. Also, measure 3 times, cut once.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm