Precision Power PPI BA7000.1D Gut shot

BassMonkey

also i agree to an extent that price determines quality. it might be higher because they have 2mm thick solder on the board instead of 1, or they wound the transformer 100 times instead of 25, or they used 25 mosfets instead of 10. it's all about how they use the components not necessarily what that component is made from. again if I'm wrong then i will gladly admit it, but I've never seen a transistor made of any different materials. it's either silicon, gallium arsenide or silicon germanium, and none of those react better than the other in any given situation. and it wouldn't cost any more to have one made of silicon vs. one made of gallium arsenide. but that's just one example.

Keep googling we will be here

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

the materials used in capacitors determine their capacitance. yes i know that, that means that any 1000 microfarad capacitor is made of the exact same materials. and i may have hit my head a few times and the drugs I'm on are for my back pain and in no way influence my knowledge of small electronic components. i don't know why you guys don't get it. there is a multitude of reasons that determine the bottom line cost of products, (popularity being one, that has nothing to do with how it's made), I'm just saying that there is no difference in a transistor (to use a different exapmle) from an old phoenix gold amp than one from a sony amp. look it up, try to find any component that's in an amp and try to find it made better or out of different materials or any variation that would determine quality and therefore price. i bet you can't. and this isn't how i like to start my first day on a forum, I'm not tryin to be an asshole or anything. I'm just sharing some of my knowledge in this particular area. so thank you all who participated in this conversation, it's a pleasure to meet all of you and i hope there's no hard feelings between us because i like it here and you guys haven't been assholes about it either so i think that says alot about this forum as a whole.

Did you even read the links provided?

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

This is one of those times I wish Boone was still around or tony d posted more.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

ok, i was wrong. clearly the source materials and people that I've learned from over the years had a complete misunderstanding for electronic components. everything i learned about this small hardware was always basically the materials used determined the operation so there was never a variation in the materials used. thank you for expanding my knowledge with your documentation whoever dropped that pdf. i apologize and now feel like a dumbass for debating over something i thought i had knowledge about. and I've not googled anything, i have resources outside of the web that i will be contacting to set them straight as well. thanks again fellas, this is why i chose smd.

Oh a new guy just admitted he was wrong and misinformed after being shown the truth.

it can't be.

I must have died or be dreaming right now.

Welcome new guy and enjoy your stay and free knowledge.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You claim you didn't want to come off as an asshole but yet you joined and asked a question and now you're trying to educate everyone on the same subject you asked a question on. If you're so smart and know so much why did you ask? I've got guys who build amps I can name drop but it doesn't mean I know the first thing about actually designing one see how that works

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived