new components

Skax

Did he not have some silk or NOT pa type tweet?

how did that work out?

lol...

Smelly i bet.....

I understand PA and super tweets are not the choice of SQ peeps.

That said, i bet you would sit in mine, and be surprised....

that said, i also understand where the PA/Super Tweet shit this and that comes from.... i do.

(but, i LOVE my doors)

The CZ probably came with a silk dome.

And yeah, I can testify Kyle's shit sounds great. It's super clear, definitely no complaints about quality. Super tweets will melt your ear drums if you aren't careful though, and especially if you don't EQ them down a bit

The CZ probably came with a silk dome.

And yeah, I can testify Kyle's shit sounds great. It's super clear, definitely no complaints about quality. Super tweets will melt your ear drums if you aren't careful though, and especially if you don't EQ them down a bit

Took me 3 weeks to get them toned down, but still viable...

I dig where they are at now.... i do.

But again,... it is a spl rig. But, ive been to a million shows, where people with 600$ comp sets, that, well, i think i beat out. ...soooooo

to each their own.

(I did LOVE my RF T3 comp set though)

Did he not have some silk or NOT pa type tweet?

how did that work out?

lol...

Smelly i bet.....

I understand PA and super tweets are not the choice of SQ peeps.

That said, i bet you would sit in mine, and be surprised....

that said, i also understand where the PA/Super Tweet shit this and that comes from.... i do.

(but, i LOVE my doors)

Kinda sounds like you're saying that PA drivers will handle more power. Not sure if you meant it that way, but my silk domes have the same rating as the FT1s (and will do it at a much lower crossover frequency at that). I'll give you that, if you were to take an average, conventional (for lack of a better term) drivers have a lower power handling than most PA stuff though.

I don't want this to turn into another PA vs. everything else thread, I'll just say this: every person is different. Based on my years in bands and every car I have heard so far with PA in it, I can't imagine PA sounding good at less than 20 feet, letalone in a car, at any sort of volume level that would warrant PA drivers. But that's just me. Do I doubt that some people like that sound? Not at all. Do I doubt that there are some well done PA setups out there that may sound good in a car? No, but I am starting to more and more. But who knows, yours may be one of the good ones.

Bottom line IMO is as long as you are happy, fuck everyone else. It's your car, not theirs.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Thinking hard about the ft1's and say if it was the overpower that blew them they're rated for 80rms instead of 50 just trying to think of options

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

No

dunno where you got that...

I run a rf 800.4 on 12 speakers.... lol..

i dont care about power..

dunno where you got that.

What was said, was,.. Go with Silk dome..

Well he did, and?????

(but i bet something was wrong there, install, or use wise)

And you got that right.... to each their own... cuz me? Im fucking happy. Your right.

Thinking hard about the ft1's and say if it was the overpower that blew them they're rated for 80rms instead of 50 just trying to think of options

I doubt you'd blow the stand alone silk domes. If you're really concerned Alpine has Type R tweeters rated for I think 100w rms, and if my coax are any indicator they have great sound.

Getting back to OP, the Crescendo website says the crossover is at 3.8kHz. But that's with a 12dB/octave slope. Also says the power handling is 100W RMS. Not sure how you set the amp, but if you gave the speakers all the ass the amp had then, in combination with the mild slope, it's very possible you simply overpowered the tweeters.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Getting back to OP, the Crescendo website says the crossover is at 3.8kHz. But that's with a 12dB/octave slope. Also says the power handling is 100W RMS. Not sure how you set the amp, but if you gave the speakers all the ass the amp had then, in combination with the mild slope, it's very possible you simply overpowered the tweeters.

yea that's what I'm thinking I'm Ganna grab a new pair of tweets anyway just trying to figure out what to get

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Archived