Is $1850.00 a decent price for a rebuilt transmission parts and labor... I say FUCK NO!!! thats to much what do you guys think this is the 2nd shop I called so is that the going price for these transmissions... Wouldnt it be cheaper just to turn it it carburated with a 350 transmission??

Well I got it back today good and ready to take me to work but now it idles high found out its the idle air control valve easy fix I want to go ahead and do a tune up what should I get taken care of..

1.spark plugs and wires

2.dist. cap and rotor

3.fuel filter

4.oil and filter

5.air filter

6.throttle body cleaner

am I missing anything??????

Edited by ISH_KUSTOMS

Is $1850.00 a decent price for a rebuilt transmission parts and labor... I say FUCK NO!!! thats to much what do you guys think this is the 2nd shop I called so is that the going price for these transmissions... Wouldnt it be cheaper just to turn it it carburated with a 350 transmission??

My bro's ranger transmission just went out 3 days ago, and its at the shop now they're charging him $2000 if it needs completely rebuilt. So thats a good price imo.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

if you cant do the work yourself then its a nice price, i did my transmission myself cost 550 rebuilt from orileys with a 3 year warr. unlimited mileage, if i had a shop do it for me it would have cost me 1900+ deping on the shop... and thats for my van...

Edited by mrwigglezdj

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

not bad. Dealership just did a '94 hoe @ $3200 under extended warranty

another 94, different co-worker had his done it was $2500

usually labor to R/R a trans is about $500 by itself. its a 4LE60-E trans right? i have heard bad things about them. both the ones i listed lost their planitary gears.

Edited by BAGGEDBIRDS.com

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

Well I just got off the phone with a guy that my friend recommended he told me he will do it for $575 with a shift kit in it and no torque converter..The thing is he wants me to pull it out and take it to him im not scared to do that ive done it before in older cars so I think im gonna have to jump on that....