SQ 6.5 suggestions

bcbrassard

So I have been fiberglassing my doors and have a set of T3652 and was wanting to get another set for the doors so I would have 2 sets in each doors but I am having a tough time spending $600-700 on 1 set. I bought mine of amazon last summer for $360 but those deals are no longer.

So I was looking for suggestions on 2 sets for $600-700. Be powered active off a T400-2 and seeing 125 rms each. I was looking at mid level Focal, Hertz, Morel for close to $300+ a set.

These will be run as midrange speakers, I have midbass in the kick panels. CDT 6.5 dual 4 ohm midbass drivers wired down to 2 ohm off a T400-4 rear channel.

Original build was going to be RF but with CDT midbass and SQ 10s doesn't matter at this point. I reach out to the wise members on SMD, been around for a few years and learned a lot from your wisedom and advice so any good input would be helpful. Not a lot of car audio shops to go listen to speakers to compare either so that option is kinda out.

Thanks for any suggestions

Well if you start using the Term SQ than people give you shit as well. I thought SQL would sound better. My equipment list should speak for what I am looking for. Car wont win any SQ awards but active with TA and all the equipment I have sounds damn good.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have a single pair of 5.25" drivers for my midrange on about 300 watts.

I do not see where two pair of 6.5" drivers are going to do any better for midrange duty.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Ya there might be one good shop that has Hertz equipment so I might have to go listen to them. I know with minor EQ-ing I can make any of the brands sound good. So I guess I am looking for people with experience with them or other brand suggestions I am missing.

When it comes to speakers. Staging is half the battle. I had a set if sundown comps ran passive amped

I then listened to kimos truck (3 way front stage he spent maybe 200 bucks on) blew mine away

You have to listen and choose what you like.

There is nothing wrong with your fosgate speakers. Just use thise

Ya there might be one good shop that has Hertz equipment so I might have to go listen to them. I know with minor EQ-ing I can make any of the brands sound good. So I guess I am looking for people with experience with them or other brand suggestions I am missing.

As always you have the best insight but doors are glasses at this stage and now its a matter of filling the space with great sounding speakers that wont kill the bank to badly. You have given lots of great advice and if I had it all over to do again things would be different... but here we are. lol

Next spring I would like to upgrade kick panels to 8" midbass and then I think I am done with this project sound wise. Then on to the Malibu for a better SQ system( that's my goal anyway)

I like a lot of midbass and midrange and with the 2 HDS310s firinf into the cab I would like enough speakers to keep up with the 2k substage. To be honest building more complex is fun, I know keeping it simple can be best but that not me... Just how I am.

Wow factor is higher with custom kick panels and doors. still sounds good to me, I personally don't think I have gone backwards on my build, always forward IMO.

Archived