rocking.that.eclipse Posted September 17, 2014 Author Report Posted September 17, 2014 Well I've been fed so much different advice. I'll give you a rundown on my testing so far. started with the port being 18 by 34 by 2 inches deep- played basically 44hz and that was it was told that to move air to try tall and thin so went to 10 by 34 by 2 inches played a decent ammount but didn't move air I wanted shrunk that down to 8 by 34 by 2 inches did a lot better but couldn't play lows like I wanted was told to try to lengthen port so the 8 by 34 by 12. didnt do a damn bit of difference that the 2 inch deep one And the one you see is 14 by 16 by 4 inches deep. Like I said it'll play almost anything I want its just that its missing that air movement that I need
dolarbilz Posted September 17, 2014 Report Posted September 17, 2014 Have you tested sealed side find the Fs? Its more than guessing...
mrd6 Posted September 17, 2014 Report Posted September 17, 2014 What sencheezy said about testing times a milion. Believe it or not in my truck ive always found smaller loading chamber port areas to improve lows. I was going to suggest trying smaller port area until I saw that picture of your port...looks like around 250-280sqin or so yeah? My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
ToNasty Posted September 17, 2014 Report Posted September 17, 2014 Open up that port. My port for 2 15s is about 360" ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
sencheezy Posted September 17, 2014 Report Posted September 17, 2014 Try this, remove the round overs, just do that, and see what happens. After that, try one window up, one window closed, then switch sides, then roll both down, see how your vehicle reacts to those changes. My round over hurt my low end, so I removed that bish lol. 165db with 237 DC Volts 6 15" SSA Evils 3 HV Taramps T60k @.33 18 XS Power D3400s Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy
dolarbilz Posted September 17, 2014 Report Posted September 17, 2014 Try this, remove the round overs, just do that, and see what happens. After that, try one window up, one window closed, then switch sides, then roll both down, see how your vehicle reacts to those changes. My round over hurt my low end, so I removed that bish lol. ^^^ this guy its all testing..
sencheezy Posted September 17, 2014 Report Posted September 17, 2014 Port Area: 38'' Tall, 23.5'''Wide 4" Thick And here, you can see, by changing the orientation of windows and doors, how your frequency response can change. 165db with 237 DC Volts 6 15" SSA Evils 3 HV Taramps T60k @.33 18 XS Power D3400s Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy
rocking.that.eclipse Posted September 17, 2014 Author Report Posted September 17, 2014 Alright so doing a little more testing here in the near future. ( I have 3 exams next week so my weekend is in the library) I wanna know what has worked for you guys port wise. I know that the person who origianlly helped me with the design (berger) said that if I wanted to play low and doors open to do a tall skinny port. ( I have 34 inches of height to work with) And when I got back from bergers I did the port with someone who has a 4th and he said square is better for him, So we went with square. What has worked for you guys?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.