Need suggestions for SPL sub

FONG SI

You have many options. Sounds to me like you have lots to work on than just subwoofer selection.

On that power and the 150 goal, I'd go with Mayhem. The Sundown Zv3 and SA15 is also on top of my list :D

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db

Powered by: Sundown Audio

a suzuki sidekick/vitara/escudo doesn't have a separated trunk per say! its a 4dr suv so plenty breathing area an more room for box when the backseat is removed!

1995_suzuki_sidekick_4_dr_js_suv-pic-33691bc44bbec_640.jpg

look at the space it has with or without the backseat! i have room! an like i said, if i have to put the box behind the front seat area i will!

lol @ fuck the meter!

but is this PG ti2500.1 amp which is 1650rms @ 1ohm (got info from this forum) capable of acquiring such a high db? if i hadn't already bought the amp i won't be asking u guys about it!

coz it seems to me like its not enuff!

idk, jus askin wat yall think coz i mite be able to squeeze a few hundred bucks somewhere to achieve this 150 goal!

Rumor is proper English will net you an extra db or 2.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

lol @ fuck the meter!

but is this PG ti2500.1 amp which is 1650rms @ 1ohm (got info from this forum) capable of acquiring such a high db? if i hadn't already bought the amp i won't be asking u guys about it!

coz it seems to me like its not enuff!

idk, jus askin wat yall think coz i mite be able to squeeze a few hundred bucks somewhere to achieve this 150 goal!

Rumor is proper English will net you an extra db or 2.

You didn't get the impression that English wasn't OP's first language? Naught for nothing, but there's plenty of guys who are non English speakers making world records.

As far as OP's question, I predict he will not be able to do 150dB with any single 15 on that amp without buying an SPL meter and building a LOT of boxes. It's not as simple as buying a 500$ woofer that a bunch of fanboys recommend on a forum and you'll have loud. Really I'd wager it would take not only owning a meter, but many long days building boxes and testing. After all is said and done, I'd figure it'll cost him an easy 1000$ for the meter and enough wood, screws, glue, etc to test boxes until he gets that number (or really close).

That being said, you will never be competitive in any org with a shit tier amp and if you just want to get louder to make yourself happy, just go overkill the first time, build the box once, and let the chips fall where they may.

The worst thing about everybody thinking 150dB is the magic number is that they have no idea what it really takes to get there from wherever they're sitting.

Idk why a 50 is so special. Its not that loud

SPL can be relative especially when you've never heard a 150 before. First time I heard a 150dB I thought it was super loud. Now I call it bare minimum.

150dB isn't easy to get. Can you get it by accident with some nice equipment and electrical? sure, not likely though, someone seeking 150dB usually has a limited budget/skillset, otherwise they'd be going for 160dB.

The thread should really be changed to "What 15 can I buy for less then 500?" at which point we will all proceed to tell the OP that he will need electrical first.

He will say he got 2 Optima yellow tops used for 20 dollars each and a badass stock alternator with no Big3, and that he will have no problem pushing a 3K RMS sub.

We will tell him he is wrong, and he will undoubtedly get angry and throw a Forum Fit.

We'll reassure him that we are trying to help, and he will question our collective sexual preferences.

FIN.

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

Well the Sundown guys have been testing the new SA 18 and did high 150s with one 18 in a Cherokee but they have a ton of power on it. It's selling for ~340 and if you dig a lil you can get 'em for 300. Soundqubed is definitely a possibility too.

The rest of the crew is right though, it's largely about electrical and enclosure. How much volume do you have back there anyway?

What?!

Archived