Never had a good set of component speakers.

Totalnoob

the frequency range on the rockford website says those speakers can play 85hz-5khz, so i will set the highpass to 80hz with a 18db slope and the lowpass to 4khz with a 12db slope. (i think i got those filters right idk....what ever ill be doing a bandpass you get the idea)

Watch the low side of that. 6" woofer can run into trouble really quickly below 100hz particularly with so much power on tap. 120X4 is really too much power for components if you can't active cross over and have some money for good equipment. I have a bad feeling you're going to keep blowing stuff up.

i feel as though these component sets i bought the voices are not coming through the bass and when the bass gets turned up i loose some detail in songs. I fixed the problem that was clipping my speakers. I had my mid range speakers crossed at 12.5k on a 12db slope it sounded clean so i kept it but the speaker gave out it didn't completely blow it still plays but at certain frequencies it sounds scratchy. I learned my lesson though i wont ever cross my mid range speakers above 4k

That sounds like a nightmare. Generally speaking midrange will cross 60-120hz on the high pass and 2.5 to 4Khz on the low pass. Many midranges (especially the cheap ones) will have some really ugly nodes up above 1Khz.. even a lot of good speakers have some problem areas.... this is where professionals can use EQ or even design a passive notch filter to tame down trouble areas.

the frequency range on the rockford website says those speakers can play 85hz-5khz, so i will set the highpass to 80hz with a 18db slope and the lowpass to 4khz with a 12db slope. (i think i got those filters right idk....what ever ill be doing a bandpass you get the idea)

Watch the low side of that. 6" woofer can run into trouble really quickly below 100hz particularly with so much power on tap. 120X4 is really too much power for components if you can't active cross over and have some money for good equipment. I have a bad feeling you're going to keep blowing stuff up.

i feel as though these component sets i bought the voices are not coming through the bass and when the bass gets turned up i loose some detail in songs. I fixed the problem that was clipping my speakers. I had my mid range speakers crossed at 12.5k on a 12db slope it sounded clean so i kept it but the speaker gave out it didn't completely blow it still plays but at certain frequencies it sounds scratchy. I learned my lesson though i wont ever cross my mid range speakers above 4k

That sounds like a nightmare. Generally speaking midrange will cross 60-120hz on the high pass and 2.5 to 4Khz on the low pass. Many midranges (especially the cheap ones) will have some really ugly nodes up above 1Khz.. even a lot of good speakers have some problem areas.... this is where professionals can use EQ or even design a passive notch filter to tame down trouble areas.

Yeah i am running an active set up through the headunit. that crecendo speaker was the only one i blew it was my first time running active i should have did more research on what frequencies to set my speakers. I think i got the idea now.

I could be wrong but I see crescendo and selenium in ALOT of applicatons. Havent heard too many bad things about either.

EDIT: This is coming from the guy with Pioneers as well. Currently I have alpine type s components. New to the whole wide world of car audio. So my advice is maybe worth .5 cent.

Still learning but have started gathering.

Archived