Cj Kumz Posted September 26, 2014 Report Posted September 26, 2014 As the title states does changing power affect the amount of rise. Say you have a rise of say 3 ohms from an amp set at 1 ohm and does 1000w, then you move to an amp doing 2000w @ 1 ohm, will the rise stay the same given all other variables are the same Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Kyblack76 Posted September 26, 2014 Report Posted September 26, 2014 What is "box" rise? SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Cj Kumz Posted September 26, 2014 Author Report Posted September 26, 2014 It's slang for Impedance rise lol Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
zack_e89 Posted September 26, 2014 Report Posted September 26, 2014 in for answers anyone around? 97 Suburban 8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's
MaxVolume Posted September 26, 2014 Report Posted September 26, 2014 haven't looked into box rise much but I'd love to learn more. My understanding is that different speakers/enclosures will have points where impedance spikes very high. wired at .25 ohm? why worry when your box rise brings that to 8+ ohms. enjoy the 500 watts you get from your 2500 lol like I said, would really like to know more on this subject. It is advanced, but probably vital for building the best shit
MaxVolume Posted September 26, 2014 Report Posted September 26, 2014 ah should add that the impedance rise varies based on frequency, so if it's not near playing hz I wouldn't worry about the spike... but if it's right where you listen.... trouble
Cj Kumz Posted September 26, 2014 Author Report Posted September 26, 2014 I understand almost everything about impedance rise, very efficient boxes normally have lower rise. And normally where the rise is at it lowest is where the box is tuned to, that's from my own testing Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Kyblack76 Posted September 26, 2014 Report Posted September 26, 2014 ah should add that the impedance rise varies based on frequency, so if it's not near playing hz I wouldn't worry about the spike... but if it's right where you listen.... trouble You think they are different ? SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Leo1103 Posted September 26, 2014 Report Posted September 26, 2014 ignore impedance rise unless your driving around listening to solid tones 2002 Honda CR-VAlpine 9887My BuildRebuilding... Second Skin Damp 4 DC XL 15's 2 DC 5ks Singer 320 amp 6 cap banksSky High wire 2 VM-1's OM-1 all under window line Team DC Audio Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way. I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.
Cj Kumz Posted September 26, 2014 Author Report Posted September 26, 2014 ignore impedance rise unless your driving around listening to solid tones That's true to some extent. I think it should not be completely overlooked due to the fact that even daily ground pounders want as much power from their amps as possible. So its good to know the average rise you have so you can work on improving efficiency to get more power. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.