In home car audio question.

Working on a small project. All of it is simple enough. My question is: is there a point to using a battery in a situation like this?

My PSU SLi rated at 60a on the 12v side. But its exactly 12.03 V and we all know car batteries charge at 14.4V..

So either a) charge a small 12v battery at 12v... which isnt good. Or find a 9-10V battery but then a large part of using a battery is to be able power the rig for a short time anyway away from a plug.

And a 10V batt isnt gonna do too much good without the DC supply. As 10v and below isnt really amplifier friendly.

If that makes any sense atall..

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Working on a small project. All of it is simple enough. My question is: is there a point to using a battery in a situation like this?

My PSU SLi rated at 60a on the 12v side. But its exactly 12.03 V and we all know car batteries charge at 14.4V..

So either a) charge a small 12v battery at 12v... which isnt good. Or find a 9-10V battery but then a large part of using a battery is to be able power the rig for a short time anyway away from a plug.

And a 10V batt isnt gonna do too much good without the DC supply. As 10v and below isnt really amplifier friendly.

If that makes any sense atall..

Kind of confused at what it is that you even want to power?

Amplifier. Source unit. Many ppl do this at home its not complicated. I would simply like to make it portable. Which means using a battery. And you cant charge a regular car battery say a D975 or w.e with a 12.03V source.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

No, you can not. They are split by diodes usually which means technically they are all one big rail just divided up for "convenience".

Modify the +12V sense wire of the PSU and then you can crank it up to 13v+. Some go higher, some dont.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived